Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked this up..I gotta stop buying bikes:madman: ..haven't even cleaned it or ridden it yet. I got the three original chainrings with it but not the front shifter or derailer .. thats easy stuff. Front XTR brakes are already taken off, they just didn't seem right. And offroad tires are coming soon! The frame and paint are good and the size is right for me. It's a Privateer but I'm not sure of the year, any help? I think 96 sounds right...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Agree with 96. I've got the same frame that is not yet built. Bought it from jack lattern and he says the 1996 year had the "Privateer decal" on the seat tube. I have never owned a Bonty myself, and I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
definitely a '96 privateer "S"... black w/ grey decals.

...fwiw i've got original brakes and levers if you're interested. ;)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know much about Bontys but I thought it was an "S" . And thanx, but I think I'm covered on the brakes and levers. I'm pretty sure I also have a twist shifter and the front derailer which I believe should be LX..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
top_ring said:
Agree with 96. I've got the same frame that is not yet built. Bought it from jack lattern and he says the 1996 year had the "Privateer decal" on the seat tube. I have never owned a Bonty myself, and I'm looking forward to it.
Kinda looks like it has a 1&1/8 headtube. If so, it's a '98 for sure. If not, earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.