Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry just kidding but I wish this years bike monkey and global biorhythm events had courses this cool. Obviously it would be hard to have two spots where traffic crosses each other, maybe we could build some of those mini bridges that were at the sea otter so riders could pass over the other riders :). The idea is I'd like to see longer courses that utilize more of the trails we all love to do. Also a longer course means fewer laps and less trail damage.
Strava Segment | Most of Boggs version #1
Green Yellow Colorfulness Line Aqua

what do you guy think about a 14-16 loop for 8hr and longer races? I know the solo riders always want a longer course because that means less repeats for us but when I bring that up to the organizers they always rebuttal with "some of the multi person team riders can't handle a 2hr loop". So maybe 2 hr loops is a bit long for an 8hr but surely not a 24hr right?

·
mtb'er
4,309 Posts
You're speaking my language! I enjoy Boggs, but wish the course utilized more of the trails... and I completely understand the multitude of reasons why these types of races keep the laps to about 9-10, relatively tame miles. But yeah, I'd love to do less longer laps vs. a few more shorter laps (and I say this as someone who only does 4-5 laps as part of a 2 person team). At the very least, changing up the course (using different trails/directions) every year would be good. If it was the same course every year, I'd lose interest.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You're speaking my language! I enjoy Boggs, but wish the course utilized more of the trails... and I completely understand the multitude of reasons why these types of races keep the laps to about 9-10, relatively tame miles. But yeah, I'd love to do less longer laps vs. a few more shorter laps (and I say this as someone who only does 4-5 laps as part of a 2 person team). At the very least, changing up the course (using different trails/directions) every year would be good. If it was the same course every year, I'd lose interest.
A longer course would lessen the traffic at boggs, gets a little crowed out there!

·
my body breaks the falls
1,457 Posts
It'd sure make that 45 minute last lap cut-off difficult :)

Boggs recovers really well. As a regular there, I'm not terribly worried about the impact. There are some years it only took two to three weeks before you couldn't even tell there'd been a race.

That said, I do think a nice roaming 15-20 mile "lap" for a 24 hour race would be fun.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,267 Posts
A longer course would lessen the traffic at boggs, gets a little crowed out there!
It thins out pretty quick though. And around 3 or 4pm there's like, no one. Everyone is drinking beer! Haha... But yeah, that first singletrack on the first lap is always like the line at the grocery store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.