Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey MTBR, are you gonna delete this thread too?

I saved one of the pics of the new fork on a bike from the old thread.
Anybody save the specs or the shot of the fork?

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
3.96 pounds
Taper Steertube
80mm/100mm/120mm
32mm stanchions
51mm Offset
Low friction fast black anodizing
15mm x 150mm Maxle Lite
Remote PushLoc Spring (ordered separately)
Solo Air Spring
Gloss Black, Diffusion Black or Gloss White

bluto.jpg

If they want us to sensor ourselves... they'll need to provide the mtbr community with guidelines. Like many here, my own standard is that it is ok to post anything that isn't illegal.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Doesn´t look that bad the new Reb... err.. Bluto!
To me 32mm stanchions seem to be too weak to handle the weight of a fatbike proper.

Thanks for the new thread!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the old thread someone with access to the QBP site said price was listed at $711.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Doesn´t look that bad the new Reb... err.. Bluto!
To me 32mm stanchions seem to be too weak to handle the weight of a fatbike proper.

Thanks for the new thread!
I questioned a guy who has been riding it about the 32's and he claimed it was stiff. I didn't ride it myself so can't comment. I will take his word for it because of the amount of riding he has done through his career.

·
nothing to see here
3,279 Posts
Here's the specs I saved...

"...features you expect from RockShox including Fast Black aluminum upper tubes, 15mm Maxle, remote or crown adjustable damping, tapered steerer tube, and Solo Air spring"
Model Bluto RL
Weight 3.96 lbs.
Wheel Size 26"
Travel (mm) 80mm/100mm/120mm
Steerer/Steerer options Aluminum 1 1/8"/Aluminum 1.5 to 1 1.8" Taper
Crown Forged, AL66 TV aluminum
Upper Tube Type 32mm
Upper Tube Finish Low friction anodize Fast Black
Axle 15x150 Maxle Lite
Damper Adjust Crown or Remote
Remote PushLoc Sprint (Remote must be ordered separately)
Spring/Spring Options Solo Air
Color Gloss Black, Diffusion Black, Gloss White
Fork Offset 51mm
Brake Type Disc
Lower Leg Material Magnesium
Maximum Rotor Size 200mm

·
1,711 Posts
Wouldn't the thread still be in the recycle bin spot where the naughty threads go to think about what they've done?

Also, sadly I somehow ended up on Pinkbike this morning and a couple people were talking about it there too...

So ROCKSHOX... time to come out with it already... the word is out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Wouldn't the thread still be in the recycle bin spot where the naughty threads go to think about what they've done?

Also, sadly I somehow ended up on Pinkbike this morning and a couple people were talking about it there too...

So ROCKSHOX... time to come out with it already... the word is out. :thumbsup:
That's a good point. We don't know if the thread was intentionally deleted or if there is a technical problem.

Sea Otter starts tomorrow. My guess is that rockshox will debut the bluto there.

·
1,711 Posts
Sorry but I've got to ask... Will it fit a Bud on a Clownshoe?

:)
It will fit the wider tires you haven't even heard of yet!

Let's get those armchair's nice and cozy, put the feet up, and watch :D

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
what you should be asking your self, will it fit my bike frame, aka the crown will be massive and most downtubes will not work with this fork.
They will until you tip over :yikes:

Actually wouldn't that make them about twice as bad as a lefty? Excellent point btw!

·
Registered
629 Posts
what you should be asking your self, will it fit my bike frame, aka the crown will be massive and most downtubes will not work with this fork.
Its almost certain that this fork will work with most fat bike frames. How well, is to be determined. The crown width doesn't matter unless you are doing bar spins. How often do you turn the bars past 90 deg? The only real concern would be the axle to crown length which if too long will cause excessive HT slack. I'm willing to bet that RockShox designed this fork to work with most current fatbike frames to give them a HT angle of between 67-69 deg.

·
Sup
1,696 Posts
Its almost certain that this fork will work with most fat bike frames. How well, is to be determined. The crown width doesn't matter unless you are doing bar spins. How often do you turn the bars past 90 deg? The only real concern would be the axle to crown length which if too long will cause excessive HT slack. I'm willing to bet that RockShox designed this fork to work with most current fatbike frames to give them a HT angle of between 67-69 deg.
I crash allot ,I prefer not to have evidence on my down tube

1 - 20 of 328 Posts