Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word has it (? or rumor has it) that the 2005 Blur will be wider in the rear to accomodate, hopefully, the 2.35 tires....and maybe the pivots will be redesigned or beefier....and new forks and shocks are being spec'ed. Maybe warranty issues will go away with 5" forks, too. SC will probably introduce these at October's "Interbike". In advance of this, does anyone know if the wider rear triangles will fit the 2003-2004 frames? Might be a reasonable and cheaper way to upgrade the earlier Blurs. :confused:

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
I'm interested in this, too. I ride in a LOT of sand, and I just can't fit as wide of a tire as I'd like. I'd like another inch of travel out front, too.

Has anybody ever heard of a Blur with a broken or ovalized head tube? Now that my warranty is up, maybe I'll go get an adjustable to 5" fork.

But yeah...some WIIIIDDDEEE tires would be nice.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
With a close-up of the other side I could say 100% Yes.

That does from what I can see apear to it or real close.........

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
DMFT said:
With a close-up of the other side I could say 100% Yes.

That does from what I can see apear to it or real close.........
I don't think so. As mentioned in a previous thread, those are custom 4X Blurs only for the mountain cross/dual slalom pro riders. No production versions are available (yet?).

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Tyrolens said:
I may be wrong, but isn't that the new Blur rear triangle?

If it were (which I doubt) the chainstays look like there may be a wee bit more room, but the seat stay config looks virtually identical. Hard to tell though...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heckler replacement???......

This is one cool bike....according to SC (and from the other previous threads), this seems to be the custom slalom/4X "cyclecross" bike that the pro team is using for DH slalom, etc. The aluminum tubing, frame geometry, and elevated bb is different from the XC Blurs being sold to you and me. Don't know the Maxxis tire models on this pic, but wonder if they're not 2.35 or bigger. The rear triangle DOES look "wider". Notice the chain roller guides and platform pedals and a long-travel fork (?new 5" or 6" RS Pike....is that the same as the new freeride '36'), as well as the reinforced head tube and SRAM shifters. If this "Blur offshoot" becomes available in 2005-2006, wonder where it will sell relative to Heckler, VP-Free, or Bullit? Comments appreciated. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.