Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll have to excuse me I'm a bit of a noob and don't follow Santa Cruz cycle history or upcoming news releases.

I've finally decided on a new frame and plan to buy a Blur LT. The dealer I'm working worth has been querying the Santa Cruz inventory trying to source one in my size to no avail. I was told the current gen 2010 models are exhausted as Santa Cruz makes way to a new updated design anticipated sometime late summer. Apparently the new version includes an updated tapered head tube design and is only available with the RP23. This particular dealer is taking reservation orders only as no official ETA has been released.

I did some simple google and MTB site searching and couldn't find anything related to this model update. Anybody heard of it? Is this legit?

·
Och aye the noo
106 Posts
This is purely conjecture and not based on any knowledge but looking at the other similar bikes from SC I would say that a tapered head tube would make sense.

The only other thing I could see them adding would be different cable guides which would allow the tidy use of a 'dropper' seatpost with a remote.

I may however be completely wrong.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
jockhaggis said:
This is purely conjecture and not based on any knowledge but looking at the other similar bikes from SC I would say that a tapered head tube would make sense.

The only other thing I could see them adding would be different cable guides which would allow the tidy use of a 'dropper' seatpost with a remote.

I may however be completely wrong.
They already have the additional stops for a dropper post.

·
Registered
511 Posts
It would be great if they routed the cables through the interior of the frame and maybe added some better down tube protection.

Other than that, it seems to be a nearly perfect bike.

·
angels get bald too
412 Posts
xcntrk75 said:
You'll have to excuse me I'm a bit of a noob and don't follow Santa Cruz cycle history or upcoming news releases.

I've finally decided on a new frame and plan to buy a Blur LT. The dealer I'm working worth has been querying the Santa Cruz inventory trying to source one in my size to no avail. I was told the current gen 2010 models are exhausted as Santa Cruz makes way to a new updated design anticipated sometime late summer. Apparently the new version includes an updated tapered head tube design and is only available with the RP23. This particular dealer is taking reservation orders only as no official ETA has been released.

I did some simple google and MTB site searching and couldn't find anything related to this model update. Anybody heard of it? Is this legit?
i hope that never happens !! ;)
i thought i need a tapered steerer but the lt :nono: have it (the frame is so stiff, no need 4 it)
i thought i need a rear maxle but the lt :nono: have it (the new models, butchers&nickels also don´t have so ...)
i thought i need a ISCG but the lt :nono: have it (that´s something ireally miss)

i bought a frame, made a built and ...

i don´t mind and i´m happy
:)

·
angels get bald too
412 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
yep, the site is in a bit confusing "under construction" state right now with mixed information on older and updated models :rolleyes:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Rick Draper said:
Its got a tapered steer for sure. Look at the fork options, all tapered.
I wonder what else is New on 2011 BlurLT2-A's... I hope S/C comes out with a press release... To list what else is new on the bike...

·
angels get bald too
412 Posts
misuge said:
yep, the site is in a bit confusing "under construction" state right now with mixed information on older and updated models :rolleyes:
really :D

;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
wasn't sure whether you are arguing with me or making fun of SCB :)

anyway, I'm with JohnyG hoping for some press release on updated BLT... one degree slacker head tube would be nice ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Rick Draper said:
Its got a tapered steer for sure. Look at the fork options, all tapered.
They could be using tapered headset by Crane Creek.

·
angels get bald too
412 Posts
misuge said:
wasn't sure whether you are arguing with me or making fun of SCB :)

anyway, I'm with JohnyG hoping for some press release on updated BLT... one degree slacker head tube would be nice ;)
?
:rolleyes:

i love my lt2 from santa cruz bicycles

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you look at the picture on the bike builder the front end welds are also different from the gallery images and the tubing looks wider, more like the shape on the LTc.

Tapered had tube without a doubt and I am guessing slightly revised tubing dimensions to accomodate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems that they have removed the "gussets" from the head too (as they have done with the new Heckler). Few grams lighter?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts