Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Good stuff. I saw the footage you posted to Sandy Ridge FB late yesterday or early today. Probably a bit beyond me for most of it as I haven't attempted TNT yet.

Interesting that you didn't mention any trails at Black Rock. I'm assuming it's not as big as Grannies Kitchen 2, but maybe comparable to Sunday Stroll and Brake Check, albeit without the drops and wood?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason, I haven't been back to Black Rock much since moving back to the PNW.

Black Rock would be a good comparison .. I should get my butt back down there. For some reason, I don't get down there much.. maybe it's just out of the range I'm willing to drive for a one day ride. The last really good session I had was a shuttle day in 2010! Most my memories of Black Rock are riding it on a DH bike.

·
Registered
819 Posts
There is some serious gopro effect in that vid. Johnny has steep lips, relatively short transitions and is very unfriendly to cases...that said, at trail speed they simply work. Take some time to dial the features in though, nothing else is similar in the area. None of the features are huge (my 140mm bike did just fine), but any braking leads to cases and they are either quite harsh or OTB experiences.

Here's a massive CHEERS to the builders!!! It's about time some flowy and sanctioned jump lines made an appearance up here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. It's amazing for us that can't get to Whistler to ride A-Line right away, and for getting ready for that kind of riding.

They're definitely harder / more technical than most bike park jumps, and much higher consequence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for posting. Those doubles look just beyond my current skill level...in other words, perfect! Might be time to make a trip up there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.