Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new bike today! Ain't he sexy!

He's 24.1 lbs

darn! I was hoping for in the 22lbs range -esp. since it's an 11" frame!

specs:
Seven Duo w/80mm rear travel
ritchey wsc carbon bar
90mm FSA OS115 stem -
xtr cranks - 165cm
SRAM X.0 rear derailleur
x.9 trigger shifters
magura marta sl brakes
717 Mavic w/Chris King hubs
Continental Explorer Pro tires
Chris King headset
Thompson Elite seatpost
Italia ldy seat
salsa skewers
xtr cassette
xtr front der
sid race fork
xpedo mag/ti pedals
salsa chile pepper grips

oh yeah - and size 36 Red Sidi shoes! ;)

Attachments

·
Domestic Fowl
869 Posts
We went to breakfast this morning and brg just kept staring out the window at it on her car. She told me she woke up in the middle of the night last night and couldn't get back to sleep because she was thinking of "it". :rolleyes:

I think I've been demoted. She has eyes for another...

Steve71 and I need to find a support group for guys that have lost their girls to a bike. ;)

FRC

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
screampint said:
Very sexy indeed! But how's he ride? ;)

You're going to have to give us the full low down on his trail etiquette and style after you take him out.
I have no clue how he rides. :( He was ready for me Tuesday, but I had to attend a work function and couldn't pick him up.

I picked him up yesterday, I was so excited I put him on the car and left -- before I got home the bike shop called to tell me I left my shoes! duh!

Unfortunately when it was time to ride it promptly started raining and sleeting!

today the weather is beautiful so he's on the car - ready to go after work.

I'm heading to Moab on Friday, stopping in Fruita on the way. Any recommendations on a 1.5 - 2 hour ride??

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Yum! A Ti suspension bike! Bet that thing climbs like there is no tomorrow.

Good idea going with the red SIDI's - as we all know red is faster and shoes are rotating mass. :p

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
screampint said:
When will you be in Fruita? I might be able to get out after 1pm.

What sort of riding are you looking for? Have you been to Fruita? If so where? I could direct you somewhere new if you have been here or get you on some "classics" if it's your first time.
Probably hitting town around 4:30ish.

I typically like technical rocky riding...but I'm sure I'm gonna be tentative on my new bike - so maybe something not too drastic. ;)

I was at the FFTF last year and did Mary's, Horsethief and some of the trails in that area(can't remember the names - i just rode). I heard Moore Fun is a blast - but didn't ride that one. We also did a 1/2 day out by Joe's Ridge - I can't remember all the names. Last year I was kinda tentative too as it was my first weekend of riding after breaking my ankle on 1/1/04 and having a plate & 5 screws installed. I also, did the Kokopelli Trail from Loma to Moab last fall.

that would be cool if you could get out and ride with us! I'll be with friends, unfortunately my bf can't get off work and go on this trip...

·
Registered
789 Posts
brg said:
got my new bike today! Ain't he sexy!

He's 24.1 lbs

darn! I was hoping for in the 22lbs range -esp. since it's an 11" frame!
Very cool.
Do you have any problems with the top of the crown hitting the down-tube when the front wheel is turned sharply?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SSteel said:
Very cool.
Do you have any problems with the top of the crown hitting the down-tube when the front wheel is turned sharply?
No - it doesn't hit the downtube. That was a concern as my previous bike (12" Dean Steel Hardtail) had that issue. Actually I'm thinking of having Dean guys weld a gusset on that dent as I'll be converting it to a singlespeed bike.

During my interview w/the Seven guys I verified with them that they would make sure that wasn't a problem and it isn't! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.