Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading these forums and since I just got back from the LBS i figure this would be an appropriate first post. After hearing my buddies talk about their MTB for so long, reading these forums, and watching some youtube videos it seemed like a fun way to get/stay fit, So I finally decided to give it a shot.

I just got back from purchasing a 2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 29. I was a little hesitant to go with a 29 right out of the gates but the guy at the LBS assured me I would like it and if I don't he said they would take it back and let me use that money towards something else so I figured what the hell.

Any thoughts on this as a first bike? Something I can grow a little with?

·
YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!
240 Posts
i would love a 29er but outta my range this is a great sport when you get the hang of it so far ive been on 3 rides and 1 with my new bike and i cant get enough of it.. just go ride and have a good time!

·
Go SOLAR...
1,077 Posts
Congrats......you did good. I personally don't like 29'rs, but it doesn't matter what I like or anyone else..right?

Let us now how you like it...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I love my 29er. I'm a big guy and small wheels just don't work for me. just ride...you'll figure it out as time goes on.

·
Permanent Noob
344 Posts
Joedub917 said:
Only bad news was it needed to be ordered but hopefully will be here before next weekend.
Maybe a stupid question, but you DID test ride before you plunked down cash right? :confused:

If so I'm hoping you were only a slight difference off from what they ordered???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts