Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my links back from the Powdercoaters and installed all 10 new Enduro bearings.Im having some money trouble(economy not good for 17 y/o) but a bunch of buddies are chipping in extra parts for me to borrow until I can afford to replace them with ones I had originally planned to buy. I would have gotten the links ano red, but it was too expensive. So we'll see how the red parts look with the pc'd red links.I wish the PC place had the same color as SMTs m3.:thumbsup: Eventually I will have:

Boxxer Team(red decals)
Atlas FR Cranks(black)
721 on red hope pro 2(when crc gets 721's in stock)
Raceface Atlas Direct Mount
X9 Drivetrain
Saint Brakes(if I can find a set for under $350)
Pedals(can't decide)

Open to any Suggestions!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
That's going to look sick when you're done. Here's my M1, with the red bits, might help you out figuring out what you do and don't want red. To save money on anodizing, get a couple of your buddies to split the cost with you. It's usually around 80 bucks per dip.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rep_1969 said:
That's going to look sick when you're done. Here's my M1, with the red bits, might help you out figuring out what you do and don't want red. To save money on anodizing, get a couple of your buddies to split the cost with you. It's usually around 80 bucks per dip.
Yeah, right now Im thinking. Red pedals, hubs, boxxer stickers, and bars. I dont want to go overboard. I want it to look cool, but still like a race bike.

I think your bike looks great, it has the perfect balance of red.:thumbsup:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,005 Posts
Calidownhiller said:
G.I wish the PC place had the same color as SMTs m3.:thumbsup: Eventually I will have:
:
the color is candy apple red and you need to polish bike to mirror finish...that is how you get the ano look red

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
the color is candy apple red and you need to polish bike to mirror finish...that is how you get the ano look red
oh, I see. Well maybe I'll try that on a future project:thumbsup:

Before:

After:
Photobucket

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,005 Posts
Calidownhiller said:
Yeah, I acctually had a set of the a-frames for 3 seasons and two bikes and loved them, so those 420's are definitely on the list.
Iam running them now.....good grip, sturdy and surprisingly smoother then A-frames

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!

Just bought the fork from a friend yesterday. With the 888 it was about 48lbs Im hoping the team dropped about a pound. I need a direct mount stem really bad now and then I can ride again. This bike is amazingly plush! I can't wait to try it with the new boxxer.

Spec:

Frame: 2007 Giant Glory DH/Custom Red links and enduro bearings
Fork: 2008 Boxxer Team
Shock: Vivid 5.1
Brakes: Stroker Carbons (to be replaced)
Cranks: 4lbs steel kona 3 piece bmx cranks! OMFG HEAVY(to be replaced with MRP Camber or Atlas FR)
Seatpost: Thompson
Seat: Funn Skinny RL
Bars: Raceface atlas FR red
Grips: ODI Ruffian
Shifter: X9
Deraileur: X9 supershort
Front Wheel: 325 on profile 20mm hub
Rear Wheel: Old saint on DT FR6.1d (wheelset to be replaced with hope/721)
Pedals: 50/50x w/ pink inserts.(to be replaced)
Chainguide: Mr. Dirt(e13 srs)

The wheels, cranks, and pedals are from friends and are just temporary until I get some more money.:thumbsup:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
hey cali - ive got some stuff ya might be interested in. its all takin up room in my spares box and i need the cash to pay off some car work. this is about 5 bills worth and ill sell it stupid cheap. shoot me a pm with a email addy so i can send pics and prices

Crank: Race Face Diabolos - 73 x 170mm. like new w/ all the spacers
Bottom Bracket: Race Face X type, new Enduro bearings, cups like new
Ring: Race Face 36t DH. like new, used for a mile at best before winter hit, then i scored a gamut.

edit: that gizmo is a killer guide. might be a bit loud and heavy by todays standards but it works as well as anything out now, some say better. if ya want a fresh 1, just ask. new bash, h/ware and plastic. works like brand new again.
i also have a used e13 dm stem i might unload after seein some of the new stuff this year. its a bit faded but has all new h/ware. would look slick pc'ed red too.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cactuscorn said:
hey cali - ive got some stuff ya might be interested in. its all takin up room in my spares box and i need the cash to pay off some car work. this is about 5 bills worth and ill sell it stupid cheap. shoot me a pm with a email addy so i can send pics and prices

Crank: Race Face Diabolos - 73 x 170mm. like new w/ all the spacers
Bottom Bracket: Race Face X type, new Enduro bearings, cups like new
Ring: Race Face 36t DH. like new, used for a mile at best before winter hit, then i scored a gamut.

edit: that gizmo is a killer guide. might be a bit loud and heavy by todays standards but it works as well as anything out now, some say better. if ya want a fresh 1, just ask. new bash, h/ware and plastic. works like brand new again.
i also have a used e13 dm stem i might unload after seein some of the new stuff this year. its a bit faded but has all new h/ware. would look slick pc'ed red too.
Damn, that all sounds good. As of now though, I am seriously out of cash, and still paying for the fork. Thanks for the offer though.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
You may know this already but you can get the ANO look with powdercoat by polishing the part first then having it PCed with Translucent Red. These are all chrome with translucent powedercoat on them

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Spdu4ia said:
You may know this already but you can get the ANO look with powdercoat by polishing the part first then having it PCed with Translucent Red. These are all chrome with translucent powedercoat on them

Damn, I wish I had known that. Considering it was only $30 stripped and pc'd for both links, maybe when I have some down time I'll redo them.

·
1,113 Posts
Spdu4ia said:

Can also get chrome powder coating as a base rather than polishing. (also is cheaper than polishing for some items)

Chrome PC base with candy and clear. Done in bay area

1 - 20 of 22 Posts