Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoooorayyyyy!

So I finally broke down and upgraded to a new rig with the loss of my beloved Hardrock. It's another HT but it's rated FR with the ability to take 30+ ft drops. The drops at Velopark look to be about 5ft with a slope which equates to about a 3ft to horizontal drop, that leaves me with 27ft to spare. It weighs in at 29lbs and should be closer to 26lbs before spring comes around. It's a little 2 small but I can't have a bike that doesn't allow clearence for manual's.

The only drawback is 10mil horiz dropouts and it's made in Tiawan. Also saved $200.00 by going with a nasty color that nobody wanted, gotta love a bargain. Here's a little teaser pic and some more of the motorcycle I'm working on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That bike looks flexy. Hole is pretty sweet though. You going to paint your bikes or just stick to motorcycles? I would like to see more photos of your work if you care to share. "Sharing is Caring" to quote the Care Bears.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Banshee calls it "Mango" I call it "Piss". I'm thinking of getting matching manpris with a Barney logo and some green striped tube socks. It was supposed to be black but they were out or something, probably just strip it and throw some Huffy stickers on it. I think the Scirocco would of been a better choice but the Viento will probably be the next one in my closet. The internally ribbed chainstays make sense.

It's definately not flimsy! My Bum is sore just from a 2hr cruise on the greenbelt, haven't rode much either though. Ususally goes away after a few rides. I'm more of a performace style rider where paint = dead weight. Powder Coat is the best way to go when it comes to frames, it's cheap and fairly durable. The only problem is it becomes very brittle in a short amount of time and it's a pain to remove. Sandblasting Aluminum is always a no-no too.

When I get further along on the motorcycle I'll post some more pics. Was planning on doing a Magizine article but painting these are a pain, this will probably be the last one.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wake up call!

I think your on to something, It seems like my frustrations are always towards the MTB'ers. Maybe I'm a closet Roadie or something? never shaved the legs but 2 to 3 times a year I shave my back and donate it to locks of love. Last year I gave Lycra a try and kinda liked it, just whish they had banana print or wait...That gives me an Idea....

Airbrushed Lycra!
Shoulder Joint Neck Black Active tank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.