Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

im new to the site and to the sport just looking for some help.

i have been riding bmx for a few years now but just last year i have starting really getting into the mountain bike scene.

i had a specialized p.2 for a awhile last year but ended up selling it. im looking for a new bike and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

i have always been into dirt jumping and have some trails we are building right behind my house. there arent to many mountain bike trails around des moines but the ones i have been on i love. so im looking for a bike to handle some downhill stuff, a little singletrack, and dirt jumping.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks for the replys.

budget is kinda up in the air. i rather not have to spend thousands right off the bat cause i really dont have that kind of money but i would like to stay probably $900 and down.

·
don't move for trees
1,832 Posts
Sounds like you want to be looking at more of an all mountian bike. The jamis mentioned above isn't a bad choice at all.Check out the Haro extreme series bikes too. I ran one as my first real bike and it took every thing i could throw at it, and I rode it hard (lots of downhill time on it).

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The parker bike that old school posted looks like the perfect bike for the job. If you don't have the cash to drop on it right now you should wait until you have it. It's very hard to find a very good all around bike for your list and I believe that bike sounds perfect. It's too cold to ride where I'm at so in 3 or 4 months you could have added enough to get the bike and it would be the perfect weather to ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys

yeah i rushed out last year and bought a bike and i really should have waited to find something a lit better. if i find something i will let you know and if anyone else has anything for sale or any suggestions let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts