Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Don't bother is my suggestion. You're going to end up with a pogo stick on 2 wheels for that price. *shrug* A fs bike @ your pricepoint is a total waste of your money.

I can't even find a site on planet earth bikes using google so that in and of itself is suspicious. How about a pic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
fred3 said:
Don't bother is my suggestion. You're going to end up with a pogo stick on 2 wheels for that price. *shrug* A fs bike @ your pricepoint is a total waste of your money.

I can't even find a site on planet earth bikes using google so that in and of itself is suspicious. How about a pic.
Indeed. I wasn't suggesting that you'd get a good FS bike for $399.

Don't have a picture of that bike at Dick's Sporting Goods. It's a SE that only they carry. But it's better than anything you can find a department store except maybe these new Forge bikes available online at Target. Check www.forgebikes.com. The Sawback 7xx I think is $399. I don't know anything about the build quality other than these Forge frames look a lot like Iron Horse.

I'm shopping for a bike in a similar price range, but I've given up on FS. Looking for a hardtail. I may up my pricepoint to get the Ibex RSR B-27.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
The easiest way to do this is to use the $400 to buy a handgun. Then with the gun you can hold up your local bike shop and get the FS of your choice. This is the only way you will be able to get a new FS that is not a BSO for only $400.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.