Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I am a pathetic rider...
644 Posts
We need more. How much do you weigh? how tall are you? where/ how often do you ride? what kind of riding do you do? Do you like to climb? Do you like to go downhill really really fast? Do you do anything lift assisted? What is your budget? Without this info nobody is going to be able to help you.

·
Think u gon get me? MF!
226 Posts
b4 stealth said:
We need more. How much do you weigh? how tall are you? where/ how often do you ride? what kind of riding do you do? Do you like to climb? Do you like to go downhill really really fast? Do you do anything lift assisted? What is your budget? Without this info nobody is going to be able to help you.
well i can just personally say that im more of a trek fan over giant (i have owned a few) but other then my personal opinion that no one really probably gives a sh!t about then b4 stealth is correct we need more information.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you're really comparing just those two bikes, I'm not sure why more information would be required. They're so similar I don't see how any of those factors would influence one bike over the other. You could probably flip a coin or choose one over the other based on appearance, they're that close in intended use and build.

·
Think u gon get me? MF!
226 Posts
well go with what feels the best..... have u test ridden any of them yet.... if they both feel equal go with price or appearance. check reviews on key components of both bikes..... if one bike has a key or expensive component that ppl wrote bad revies about then look toward the other bike... just my .02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for a new bike

Hello all.....I am new to the site and fairly new to Mountain biking. Last season was my first one and i love it!!!!! I currently have a Yeti AS-R SL with Fox F100 RLT (100mm) on the front and a Fox Float RP3 on the back. In the year that i have been riding i have progressed rapidly and have outgrown my bike. I ride a little to aggressive downhill for only 100m of travel and i feel as though i am going to break my bike:) I have been looking at the Yeti 575 and also the new Yeti AS-R 7 which seems to be a 575 with 7in of travel. I have test rode both of them and they are great bikes. the 575 seems to climb a little better but the difference is negligible. I am also looking into just upgrading my frame with new components to make it a more aggressive bike but am not sure if that is just putting a band aid on the larger problem of needing a beefier frame. I am 6'0 250 and want to get the bike that will best serve me for the next 5 yearrs or so. any help would be apreciated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.