Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
It bothers me too, and it's my second language.

It can make some things difficult to follow.
Case and point. For all intensive purposes, it just doesn't jive.
Mute point though, by in large most people don't know or care.
It's a doggy dog world.

:geek:

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
I had to make small compromises. Pivot didn't have the Code RSC brakes, so I had to supply them myself ... Didn't have the WTB titanium saddle,

...it's a dirt jumper and will get scratched within 20 minutes of riding it...
How do you think this is even remotely comparable to a getting a dinged up frame?

Not everyone who rides dirt jumps crashes their bike every few minutes. Actually, most don't.
A regular mountain bike that is actually ridden on trails is way more likely to pick up scratches and dings, but you see people stressing about minor crap like that here all the time.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,006 Posts
For all intensive purposes, the meaning got across. I could care less about English nazis, I never understood their deep seeded feelings to correct strangers on forums. It’s not like these suposably crimes against English are wrecking havoc on communication.
I see it the other way around, I welcome people who correct me because I want to learn and find it if anything more rude if they do not correct me.

What irks me is the all to common practice of attaching the word nazi to words to make it sound more than it actually is.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I see it the other way around, I welcome people who correct me because I want to learn and find it if anything more rude if they do not correct me.

What irks me is the all to common practice of attaching the word nazi to words to make it sound more than it actually is.
You should research the proper use of commas or semicolons in compound sentences. Additionally, the use of “too” in place of “also” would improve your grammar. This would help enhance articulating your Nazi sympathizer thoughts ;)

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,006 Posts
You should research the proper use of commas or semicolons in compound sentences. Additionally, the use of “too” in place of “also” would improve your grammar. This would help enhance articulating your Nazi sympathizer thoughts ;)
Was all good until Nazi sympathizer thoughts.
What am I missing?
A sense of “humor”?

·
Registered
120 Posts
For all intensive purposes, the meaning got across. I could care less about English nazis, I never understood their deep seeded feelings to correct strangers on forums. It’s not like these suposably crimes against English are wrecking havoc on communication.
On spelling and simple grammar I agree, but in this case it was actually appreciated. Dude wasn't a jerk about it, and now in the future I'll use the correct phrase. Plus I'm sure I'm not the only dope who uses it wrong so he's helping others too.

But yeah, the simple spelling and grammar, which are usually just keyboard errors or people like me who don't care enough to take the time to correct, that could be annoying for sure!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Was all good until Nazi sympathizer thoughts.
What am I missing?
A sense of “humor”?
Yes, you lack both good grammar and a sense of humor. You should get a grammarly.com subscription for the former and stop reading mtbr for the latter.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,006 Posts
Yes, you lack both good grammar and a sense of humor. You should get a grammarly.com subscription for the former and stop reading mtbr for the latter.
Someone, need an hug.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,006 Posts
LOL I guess I was catfished. What moron would actually ask to have their grammar corrected on an Internet forum?
I wish but I am not that clever.😜

·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,222 Posts
The Nazis worked really hard at being evil. Calling everyone a Nazi just diminishes that.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The Nazis worked really hard at being evil. Calling everyone a Nazi just diminishes that.
So you are saying that these grammar aficionados have not earned the nazi title and I am somehow diminishing actual nazis? Wow, that’s taking sympathizing to an entirely different level. I think there are laws against that in some countries.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,539 Posts
It's a doggy dog world.

Case in point.

By and large.

Jibe, not jive.

Moot, not mute.

Dog eat dog.

You spent some serious thyme on that, didn't you?

:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Case in point.

By and large.

Jibe, not jive.

Moot, not mute.

Dog eat dog.

You spent some serious thyme on that, didn't you?

:D
Don’t give him too much credit, he just copied the idea from somewhere else.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,222 Posts
So you are saying that these grammar aficionados have not earned the nazi title and I am somehow diminishing actual nazis? Wow, that’s taking sympathizing to an entirely different level. I think there are laws against that in some countries.
Americans love making nazis more banal than they were.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
39,606 Posts
It's a doggy dog world.

Moot point not mute.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts