Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have the GF 2010 mamba. Got it for around $950... Well ready for an upgrade to FS!!! The wife said go and I am on a mission now. I loved the feel of my GF hardtail and can spend around $3000. Are there huge differences in HIFI Deluxe and Rumblefish1?

All the reviews on these bikes look solid from what I have seen so far.

Also any ideas on where I should start on price wise selling my old bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hifi has better component set for price and is a tad lighter. But the rumblefish has a through axle and more travel. I'm going rumblefish if I go trek at all. To me it has far more potential than the hifi.

·
Trail Ninja
6,297 Posts
+1 for Rumblefish 1, especially if you're not some skinny always-wanting-to-pedal-hard-and-fast race-type. The RF1 is a FS designed to really offer suspension rather than be a FS that tries to be like a hardtail (your mamba is a hardtail), which is what the HiFi is designed to be like, to better outline the differences between the two without using bike jargon like one's a "trail/AM" bike and the other's a "XC FS" bike. The difference is the rear shock tuning and the extra weight in the RF1 is strength. There are also other slight differences like the angle of the headtube, which is "slackened" to give it more a "cruiser" feel as opposed to "sport-bike" feel.

The rear thru-axle is supposedly fool-proof for installing and uninstalling, but dunno about the front--seems like you just align the wheel, slide the axle in, thread it in, and close the lever rather than deal with any pinch bolts and extra tools. Anyone know if the front has some sort of slot to hold and center the wheel to make aligning the wheel easier?

Hope that this little bit of info helps. The review that's posted on MTBR makes little sense to me... seems like they're just sounding off on what the manufacturer said with a tiny bit of explanation, but I at least understand that it's a very positive review.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I been looking at both bikes as well. For me its the Hifi Pro or Rumblefish II. I have a HT 29er Paragon so I am not sure which way I want to go. I don't do a lot of drops but some places are rocky but I am thinking the Hifi should be able to take some impact......

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er and the Giant Anthem 29er both look like better values than the Trek Rumblefish and the HiFi, respectively, and both are lighter than their Trek counterparts. The Stumpjumper has a nice 2x10 drivetrain as well. But all four are fine bikes. Try to ride them all (and any other contenders) before you buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.