Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Thats a nice rack. It seems to integrated nicely on the back of your mini. One funny observation though - The bike looks bigger than the car. :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
Maybe I will get that new Mini Cooper S with the sunroof

Maybe I will get that new Mini Cooper S with the sunroof. I think my bike would look silly on the roof-rack. I know if I post a picture of my bike on the roof, someone will PhotoShop the picture to show the car on the back of the bike.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Try Mini Fini

tingj said:
What are the two holes the rack plugs into? How do those attach to the car?

And how much was the rack?

jt
If you look at the mini fini website it shows the rack.They take the bumper off and attach a brace with the stainless steel receptors, then bumper back on.
I'm up in Canada and it cost $1,350 installed.
Way better than the roof racks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's lovely. But $1,350? That's outrageous. Mini is making more profit on the rack than on the car. I was looking at this car as a good city car. Easy to park!

neville said:
If you look at the mini fini website it shows the rack.They take the bumper off and attach a brace with the stainless steel receptors, then bumper back on.
I'm up in Canada and it cost $1,350 installed.
Way better the roof racks.

P

·
0 Posts
Nice!!! Been looking at Mini racks forever now.
Prob is I have a cooper not a cooper S, so that rack won't fit through my bumper.
Anyone got any other ideas?
At the moment I take the front wheel off everytime and fold the back seats down, throw a blanket in and dump the bike in the car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Works on the cooper Too

There's a template that they provide with the rack, that you use and just cut two small holes. Then it all just goes together.
It actually increases rear end rigidity as well.

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
fabricate

in case I do decide on a Mini, I've already talked to a steel fabricator about adding a trailer hitch to the back for a hitch rack ala SportWorks. Shouldn't be a problem on the Cooper.

for the "S" you (I) might have to reroute the tailpipes and use the existing notch for the hitch.

Neville's is clean, but man that sounds pricey for a rack.

phazer said:
Nice!!! Been looking at Mini racks forever now.
Prob is I have a cooper not a cooper S, so that rack won't fit through my bumper.
Anyone got any other ideas?
At the moment I take the front wheel off everytime and fold the back seats down, throw a blanket in and dump the bike in the car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's Canadian Dollars.

Probably $800-900 US. Man I wish our dollar was as good as yours. Well maybe when the US buys us out, our dollar will be worth something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can not see the picture of the bike rack .Can you please send them to see at [email protected]
I am inthe traielr hitch business and always looking for new product to help customers have a choice of diffrent options.We have a hitch for the cooper or the "S".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts