Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously looking into buying either a Super light or Heckler OR a Giant Trance x2 this weekend. What are some advantages the santa cruz bikes have over the Giant X2(vice versa)?

I have test rode all and am in a quandry :skep: Very tough decision.

Looking for expertise, and suggestions. Any help would be appreciated as its a big purchase for me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
great customer service. you might be able to get better parts on the giant, and no doubt its a fantastic design linkage, but.... its not a santacruz! but for real, the bikes are great, and so is the customer service. also is the fit. make sure the bike you get fits the best!

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Superlight is obviously more of a pure cross-country bike, and somewhat more limiting. The Heckler and Giant X2 are probably more of an apples-to-apples comparison, as both lean towards the All Mountain side. So...a lot depends on the type of riding you do. I have a Heckler, but the Giant X2 is also a solid choice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Superlight

I also have an 08 Superlight. The bike is pure cross country. It sticks like glue and climbs like a goat. I had treks and gts before. Never rode a giant so I may sound biased. But the superlight is by far the best handling bike I've ridden so far.

·
Bring on the Funk!
322 Posts
The Giant has a more advanced suspension design (VPP like) but I gotta say, my Superlight with the 09 Fox F120RLC gave me one the most fun rides ever in this year's Test of Metal. Come on...join the cult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.