Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
autumn acid said:
Hi mate.

How much did this bike end up setting you back?

PM me if you do not wish to discuss publicly.
Ummmm, hard to say.
I got some good deals on some of the gear and swapped some of it from my Surly frame.

I would think that it woould probably retail as is for say $6,000 Aussie????

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow!

Sorry, I assumed that the simplicity of it all wouldn't cost all that much. I have a feeling I totally underestimated the quality of the Ventana frame!

Looking through the list of componentry, I've noted that the bike appears to be race orientated :D

I was hoping the bike would slot in under the $1500 mark - all this talk of SS 29er's has gotten me all excited. :D Need to find someone in Sydney that has a working "demo" bike but I have a feeling I'm asking for too much. :p

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
autumn acid said:
Wow!

Sorry, I assumed that the simplicity of it all wouldn't cost all that much. I have a feeling I totally underestimated the quality of the Ventana frame!

Looking through the list of componentry, I've noted that the bike appears to be race orientated :D

I was hoping the bike would slot in under the $1500 mark - all this talk of SS 29er's has gotten me all excited. :D Need to find someone in Sydney that has a working "demo" bike but I have a feeling I'm asking for too much. :p
Frame would possibly cost you more than that I am afraid. handmade in the USA and all.
If you are looking for a good quality steel 29'er I would recommend you have a look at the Surly Karate Monkey. I reckon you could build one of them up with a rigid fork for around the price you are looking at. Around $2000 with a Reba 29'er fork.

Contact VentanaOZ and he can tell you where to test ride a Ventana if you are interested.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Schweet!

TR said:
For those who do not get over to the 29'er forum and because it is slow in here and just because I can.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=149211
Nice bike TR - great addition to the stable!

Be sure to follow up and post impressions from your first ride (oh, and picks of her covered in mud :) )

Cheers,

Sam

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sam. said:
Nice bike TR - great addition to the stable!

Be sure to follow up and post impressions from your first ride (oh, and picks of her covered in mud :) )

Cheers,

Sam
Well you just happen to be in luck as I just did a nice muddy ride yesterday.

Also some impressions:

Downhill - WOW!!! Do these things gather speed or what!!!! But I must say that I never oince felt concerned about crashing as they are so stable.

Logs - What frick'en logs??? I rolled over some very large logs today that I would not have even attempted on my 26" bike. The bike just rolled over them so smoothly like they were a quarter the size.

Twisty technical stuff - I struggled through areas like Possum Box but then again I am always crap at that type of stuff so maybe it was just me.

Uphill - No better or worse for me so far.

Water bars - Who said you cannot jump a 29'er?? I must have gotten about 2" of air at one time off one of the water bars!!! BigLaugh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.