Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 hardrock sport disc which i like alot. I already upgraded the brakes to bb7's with 203mm rotors. My question is it worth forking out 1600.00 for a fsrxc or more for another full suspension bike. You can get alot of nice upgrades for that amount like wheels and a new fork. Does full suspension make that much difference on the trails.I do not do much jumping. Maybe a foot inthe air at most if i come accross a jump on the trail. Thanks for any info. Joe

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
get the fsrxc. it will be so much better, and yes you can upgrade the hardrock with nicer parts for that $$$, but it will still be a beefy, heavy hardtail with nice parts. you dont need suspension for jumping, its oppisite, actually. you will hugely benefit from the increased speed, traction, control, and ride of the full sus. see if you can demo one at your lbs!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i upgraded from a 06' hardrock sport disc to an 07' fsrxc pro and riding my trails are so much more fun.

i did the upgrades to the hardrock as well, upgraded the fork, headset, stem, bars, brakes, seat post & seat but it's such a big difference compare to full suspension on your favorite trails.

with the all the parts i upgraded on the hardrock, it still wasn't as light as i thought it would be compared to my fsrxc.

look in the classifieds of this site, craigslist and ebay. you will be able to pick up a decent bike with good parts for $1600 (if you plan on spending that much).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. I guess i will go for the new one. If you buy a used bike on ebay or somewhere can you still get the warranty on the frame. Not that it will be needed but you never know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fsr Xc

As far as warrantying the frame I've seen it go either way. I tried to warranty a 99 Stumpjumper FSR with a stripped bottom bracket that was given to me by a friend and the answer from Spesh was "no". ON the other hand, a co-worker of mine bought a similar frame at a swap meet and then found that one of the welds on the swingarm was bad. They warrantied the frame for him and he ended up with a brand new FSR XC.

If you do go with the FSR, make sure you don't get the X-fusion shock. Its a piece of junk and comes in a proprietary size that is unavailable from the aftermarket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts