Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Redline Monocog 29er right now but the frame is a little too big for me (bought it used and got a pretty good deal) I now want to get one that fits my size a little better and I'm looking for opinions on a good bike....here is what I'm looking for.

29er
Single Speed
Would prefer a rigid fork but I could always swap that out if needed
have a budget of up to about $1400 (of course if I find a lower price good bike that means more money for upgrades) :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance for all info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
p nut said:
Are you looking for complete or build? Steel or aluminum? EBB, track ends, or sliders?
At first I wanted to build, but I travel quite a bit for my job and have figured out that I really just wouldn't have the time to put into it. So now I am looking at complete.

As far as the other things I guess I don't have a real preference. I like the Niner EBB, but it is not a must have for me. For the most part I ride bike paths in town and also some off road stuff (but where I live the off road/State Parks are not all that rough)

Some of the brands I have looked at are Redline (would probably go with the monocog flight) and Salsa....but am wondering what else is out there. And I'm all for upgrading down the road if needed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts