Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who is planning on getting a new bike this season? what are you going to get and what are you replacing? me? I have my eyes on the new transition preston freeride to replace my beat kona coiler(04).

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
I'm thinking of a BMX to replace my 24, either an SX Trail, Sunday, V10, other for DH, a road bike, and a 4x bike. But I have a feeling I'll go for a cheap-ish BMX, an SX Trail, and nada mas.

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
mrpercussive said:
Just replaced my Raleigh Ram with an Ibex Zone
I am seriously considering the Zone. Just needs a new fork. Then I saw the Kumicho....nice. Just needs a compression cartridge in the fork. So.....which one should I go for???

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Khemical said:
I am seriously considering the Zone. Just needs a new fork. Then I saw the Kumicho....nice. Just needs a compression cartridge in the fork. So.....which one should I go for???
go zone dude... it pedals amazing and better then my old 4" bike. I rode 30 miles with the seat all the way down today... :) The rear shock takes some breaking into though and i'm currently in the proccess of that now. But it does rail in the corners... I dont think you need a new fork though, they come with Sherman Sliders... mine is just a Dropoff... lol. You might need new tyres... i dont really like the Kinetics... very shaky in loose stuff especially when turning. And no grip at all on pavement... I was wheeling and all of a sudden i fall sideways... hahaha...

But it's a really nice bike... and hell, the tourque cause of pedal output is insane...

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
mrpercussive said:
go zone dude... it pedals amazing and better then my old 4" bike. I rode 30 miles with the seat all the way down today... :) The rear shock takes some breaking into though and i'm currently in the proccess of that now. But it does rail in the corners... I dont think you need a new fork though, they come with Sherman Sliders... mine is just a Dropoff... lol. You might need new tyres... i dont really like the Kinetics... very shaky in loose stuff especially when turning. And no grip at all on pavement... I was wheeling and all of a sudden i fall sideways... hahaha...

But it's a really nice bike... and hell, the tourque cause of pedal output is insane...
The thing is with the Zone I could live with the metal...maybe,,,, but I'd for sure upgrade the fork before I rode it. With teh Yakuza, it's basically ready to ride although I'd definately want a compression cartridge in teh boxxer. One year at whizzler with a boxxer race and I thought my wrists would never stop hurting!

And fyi: I'm not coming off a 4"XC bike. I've got a 10" Gravity as my main bike, this would be as a back up ride. That's kinda why I wanna go single pivot, for simplicity as a back up bike.

Cheers

Oh, here's a pic 'o my g-unit :thumbsup:

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Khemical said:
The thing is with the Zone I could live with the metal...maybe,,,, but I'd for sure upgrade the fork before I rode it. With teh Yakuza, it's basically ready to ride although I'd definately want a compression cartridge in teh boxxer. One year at whizzler with a boxxer race and I thought my wrists would never stop hurting!

And fyi: I'm not coming off a 4"XC bike. I've got a 10" Gravity as my main bike, this would be as a back up ride.

cheers
Ooooooo... What fork you thinking of? Also, i've been looking at the Yakuzas too... and they do look like pretty sweet bikes... :)

as for the comparison to the 4"... i'm just comparing the pedalling... It's really effiecient...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.