Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just picked up an 08 Scott Ransom 40 (got a deal on it, so only ended up paying about half price). I am really enjoying the ride, as it seems a huge step up from my older specialized enduro. I was thinking about picking up a new fork that would be a little more adjustable than the marz 55r that is on it now.. It seems like a decent fork for now though so I am wondering whether it would more worth my while to upgrade some drive train components or head straight for the front suspension.

I have been using this bike to do a lot of all mountain or intensive XC, but I always ride to the top of the hill instead of driving, so I need something that is pretty well rounded.

Thanks for the advice in advance :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
i read a thread on here, where a ransom was gettin sum flack, but then another member sayin, they r gd bikes, but the forks needed a different weight oil or sumfin??? i dunno, way 2 hi tech 4 me, but try and find it? gd luck

·
Registered
121 Posts
Advice, be sure you unlock the rear shock before hitting any sizeable bumps. A lot of riders have blown the Equalizer by doing so. Also, remember to "unweight" the back end before switching travel settings.(Both seems like common sense but that is lacking in a lot of people these days :thumbsup: )

Personal preferance but I will tell ya if you can afford it, toss on a Fox 36 Talas or Float. It will improve the handling and feel of the bike a lot over the 55. If you like to hit a few small drops/jumps then maybe stay with a coil and get the 36 Van RC2 which is what I will be tossing on mine in a couple weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.