Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my oldest smurf-dewd a new ride for his b-day and it finially showed up. Pretty sweet for a kids bike with some very nice components.

Limited Turner content

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
SSINGA said:
I initially thought you got a HL...anyway just thought I'd mention, your shock is upside down :p

Nike Ibex bike BTW! Very cool, I can't wait to get my kid on a bike.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cactuscorn said:
very cool. the trek kids line is pretty solid. and a nice attempt to create a red couch shot. .25 points for effort.
CC - put the beer down and step away from the puter. If that Ibex sticker was any bigger they would have had to increase the size of the bike!

Those throws were in the pics on purpose to get the red point credits.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
I initially thought you got a HL...anyway just thought I'd mention, your shock is upside down :p

Nike Ibex bike BTW! Very cool, I can't wait to get my kid on a bike.
You and Renny must have your monitor resolution 180 out. :D

Thanks! My son is really digging it. He is still thinking about the color. He really wanted Blue or black. I promised a new powder coat if necessary.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
SSINGA said:
YThanks! My son is really digging it. He is still thinking about the color. He really wanted Blue or black. I promised a new powder coat if necessary.
Wow! Custom color already. He must have caught the UGI virus from you? :D

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
perhaps my issue is not enough beer and too much work? i dont even wanna talk about ride time. the good news is my schedual is about to change in the next cpl weeks so i wont be up at 3am everyday, tired as hell all the time and might even get to ride once in awhile between the 2 gigs. but weekends become super sketchy as ill have to shoot whenever the news of the day demands it. i better enjoy it while i can cuz come spring im openin up a whole new can o worms.

btw: which bike is bigger?

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
Wow! Custom color already. He must have caught the UGI virus from you? :D
It does spread easily. He wants Turner stickers too so his bike looks just like mine and moms. JNC - start working on a mini set :skep:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cool bike...the green one, not the orange one :p
cute kid...obviously looks more like your wife...lucky! ;)
that red down throw from costco is FANTASTIC!! i love mine! :thumbsup::D
the couch shot attempt was weaksauce...and your shock is upside down! :p:D

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
my littlest dog had been in the garbage again, made a mess outta my office and also ate my hard back qbp book so my mood after my show was less than stellar. just glad it was a old one and i have a new one on the way. thanx for the smile folks.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dHarriet said:
cool bike...the green one, not the orange one :p
cute kid...obviously looks more like your wife...lucky! ;)
that red down throw from costco is FANTASTIC!! i love mine! :thumbsup::D
the couch shot attempt was weaksauce...and your shock is upside down! :p:D
I'm a snob and don't shop at COSTCO - that was full price from Target!! :p

Mom was in the room - no way in hell was I putting that bike on the couch.:eekster:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
SSINGA said:
I'm a snob and don't shop at COSTCO - that was full price from Target!! :p
yes...clearly a much more reputable place to shop! :rolleyes::p
Mom was in the room - no way in hell was I putting that bike on the couch.:eekster:
chicken (insert chicken sounds)!!! :lol::p

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Sweet ride!!!

He sure is a lucky kid... however given his size... you should start putting some weight weenie upgrades on it, to help him out... or are you afraid that your kid will beat you on the climbs? ;)

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Nice SS! Kewl hookup. Hansome young'un too!
I applaud your self restraint in not stripping the cranks off your son's new bike.:D

Tyke-zilla is overdue for a bigger bike too. She's 8 now, already got the two-finger back off the seat decending technique down.:thumbsup:

Dammed amazing that her kid's Schwinn weighs almost as much as my Spot!
On our rides I thought she was just complaining about nothing when she got tired... shoot 25 lbs is a lot of bike for a little one to be hauling for a few miles even on a paved bikepath.

Lets be glad DT doesn't make those XXS frames anymore. Daaaaaaddddyyyyy..... Can I have a Tuuuurrrrnnnerrrrrrrr?? PLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE????

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bikezilla said:
Nice SS! Kewl hookup. Hansome young'un too!
I applaud your self restraint in not stripping the cranks off your son's new bike.:D

Tyke-zilla is overdue for a bigger bike too. She's 8 now, already got the two-finger back off the seat decending technique down.:thumbsup:

Dammed amazing that her kid's Schwinn weighs almost as much as my Spot!
On our rides I thought she was just complaining about nothing when she got tired... shoot 25 lbs is a lot of bike for a little one to be hauling for a few miles even on a paved bikepath.

Lets be glad DT doesn't make those XXS frames anymore. Daaaaaaddddyyyyy..... Can I have a Tuuuurrrrnnnerrrrrrrr?? PLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE????
Here ya go Zilla. Start talking her into a red bike. 26lbs w/o pedals but I'm sure you have some good stuff in the parts bin to lighten it up a little.

https://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ALP-440K-Details.html

The IBEX Alpine 440K is a REAL mountain bike with 24" wheels designed especially for kids in the 8 to 12-year old range. The 440K has a remarkable 6061 alloy frame that we've designed with a low seat-tube height (and consequently, a low standover height), and a longer wheelbase.
Younger riders will find this bike extremely stable, yet it will feel even more responsive as they grow. Components are also sized just right for 440K's intended riders including a 160mm TruVativ IsoFlow alloy crankset and an RST Capa suspension fork. We've selected a high-quality Shimano Alivio 24-speed drivetrain (with upgrade to Deore on the rear derailleur) that includes Rapidfire shifters.
If your boy or girl is ready for real mountain biking then they're ready for a real mountain bike. The IBEX Alpine 440K is the bike!

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Nice.... and you know what my kid's first question would be?
"Daddy, where are the disks?":D

Think I'm kidding? You should have seen me struggle to explain why she doesn't need SPDs

Where'd you get it BTW?

Oooh I just noticed it's got a Fder too! Me Likey!

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bikezilla said:
Nice.... and you know what my kid's first question would be?
"Daddy, where are the disks?":D

Think I'm kidding? You should have seen me struggle to explain why she doesn't need SPDs

Where'd you get it BTW?

Oooh I just noticed it's got a Fder too! Me Likey!
www.ibexbikes.com they only sell direct.

Kona has a kids model with discs. The Stuff 2.4 - but be ready to lay out $799:eek:
http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/STUFF24/index.html

I looked at the Stuff 2.0 but the $499 price tag was a little too steep.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.