Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just picked up my new 2010 demo 8 I. sorry i dont have any pictures but the website wont let me upload them im guessing the files is to big.

i have already set my sag on the fork and rear shock im running 25% exactly on the front and about 27% on the rear, thats a little harder to measure.

i just had a few questions, i have read about taking apart the fork right off the bat and re doing the oil levels. so should i just go with what rockshock says to put in the uppers and lowers and what they say the weight of the oil should be? i have already sprayed the fork with silicone lubricant and that made a big difference alone. i already plan to buy slick honey and pack it under the sanctions.

i have read rockshocks guides and they say 15 wt oil in the lowers 10 ml in the non driver side and 40 ml in the driver side. and 290 ml 5 wt in the damper side upper.

so far the bike rides smooth but i got the god damn driver side click when the fork compresses and it starts its rebound back up.

thanks for any input!

·
Registered
166 Posts
i got the same bike and had rebound noise in the fork until it was ridden hard and it went away. pedal strikes are worth it with this bike. it does look good with black grips and rims. i think the short rear end is air friendly

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
its the specialized clutch and chunder tire combo, they are definatley the stickiest tires i have ridden compared to wtb's, kendas, and maxxis. i think stock weight is like 39.5 pounds whats funny is my kona shred is a hardtail and that damn thing weighs almost 40 pounds!

hey jcin what do you mean pedal strikes are worth it with this bike? im going to wear these grips out then get some new ones.

does anyone have any pictures of this bike with black rims just for reference?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.