Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm getting a new bike soon but i have no idea what to get. I'm 5'8 and 120lbs. I ride trails and sometimes hit small jumps. I would like something that will be comfortable for long rides and that can take a beating. My budget is $500-$700. Any suggestions??

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Secondhand. Start with 17" bikes. Try a bunch and buy your favorite. Fit's individual, so you may end up wanting anything from a 15 through a 20.

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
Keep this ebay bike with a good fork in 17 as a comparative base. This is trail ready although some Deore M615 brakes would be my first upgrade. $96 from Ribble/Jenson match.
Pass over anything with a Suntour 'X' fork unless you figure in 2-300 for an upgrade.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,425 Posts
17.5" Trek X-Cal, or secondhand All-Mountain hardtail (shorter chainstays, slacker geometry, longer travel (120mm or more) suspension fork.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello! I'm getting a new bike soon but i have no idea what to get. I'm 5'8 and 120lbs. I ride trails and sometimes hit small jumps. I would like something that will be comfortable for long rides and that can take a beating. My budget is $500-$700. Any suggestions??
Go to some local bike shops and test ride as many bikes as you can. Ask as many questions as you can.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts