Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally made the changeover to a 29er. Today I picked up my 2010 brushed smoke Giant XtC 29er 2.

Can't wait to ride it...why does it have to be 30 degrees this weekend???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congratulations:thumbsup: Welcome to the XTC club.

I feel your pain (and my own), I am the proud new owner of the XTC 1 and can't ride it till I heal from surgery.

I spent months researching and landed on the XTC. I think they are awesome looking bikes. Keep us informed as you start riding.

My new baby.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drool :thumbsup: That is one sexy bike :D

I wanted the XTC 1 but it was just way above my price point and for the level rider I am, the XTC 2 is perfect...I put some Crankbrothers Acid 1 pedals on and a few changes coming including Answer Protaper AM 1" riser handlebars and Answer XC Fall grips. The flatbars which came with it are not gonna cut it for me, too wide and flat for some of the trails I ride locally here in south western Ohio.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice I have been shopping around and also have decided on the xct 2, hopefully I can make it work soon (shop has a good financing deal, but I am waiting till the spring sale)

·
Registered
82 Posts
jdmsti04 said:
Drool :thumbsup: That is one sexy bike :D

I wanted the XTC 1 but it was just way above my price point and for the level rider I am, the XTC 2 is perfect...I put some Crankbrothers Acid 1 pedals on and a few changes coming including Answer Protaper AM 1" riser handlebars and Answer XC Fall grips. The flatbars which came with it are not gonna cut it for me, too wide and flat for some of the trails I ride locally here in south western Ohio.
I have done the same. Yesterday when I stopped by the shop to fondle the new ride, i dropped off a set of Azonic 420 platforms, Ergon GX1 grips and a Lizard Skin Chain Stay Protector. I also had the seat swapped to my existing WTB Pure V saddle. I am also having the flat bar switched out for a 31.8 riser and a sharper angle stem. My Clyde trunk needs to be a little more upright.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck with your 29/2. I've been riding mine since Sept 2009 and hasn't missed a beat.
I changed the bars to Ragley - Carnegie's bar with some new grips. The bike keeps taking a beating without letting me down. Only complaint was seat post slip... A new upgraded post cured that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, first ride today in the city just to get a feel for the 29er, I must say, this bike is a beast. It is a night and day difference compared to my 26" rockhopper...which a friend of mine is now riding and LOVES. I did have sore wrists from the flatbar that comes on it, but that should be resolved soon with the riser bars I have on order. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
jayboyd said:
Congratulations:thumbsup: Welcome to the XTC club.

I feel your pain (and my own), I am the proud new owner of the XTC 1 and can't ride it till I heal from surgery.

I spent months researching and landed on the XTC. I think they are awesome looking bikes. Keep us informed as you start riding.

My new baby.
does it come in another color?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.