Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try my best to pick a bike for her as if "I" was the one that was going to ride it. She is more of a rail-to-trailer but occasionally does some easy groomed singletrack. She's torn between the Cannondale Trail 5, and the Marin Bear Valley. Anyone have any suggestions? or other bike options with WSD in the sub-$1000 range?? If you have a preference, please share.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. After talking to her more she like the paint jobs of the Cannondale and the Marin more than the others. Any thoughts on which is a better frame or which has "quieter" brakes??

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the Specialized Myka suggestion! I like it the best. Especially because of the slacker headtube angle...She'll probably never want to do steep climbs, but will feel more comfortable with the extra standover height and the confidence a slack HT angle gives even when going down a steep "groomed" single track! THANKS SO MUCH...now all I have to do is talk her into getting a bike that doesn't come in "green-apple"!:madman:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's on board with the Myka!! Any suggestions for the best LBS in the Pittsburgh area? There are a few around me, but don't mind driving a few extra miles for better service, (most LBS's for Specialized are Pro-Bikes).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts