Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone! I got my new bike in this past Friday. Its a 2021 Canyon, Grand Canyon 7. Soon as I got it all put together I felt I should probably have a pro take a look at everything and make sure all is well before I hop on it. Plus this gave me an awesome opportunity to start building a relationship with my local bike shop. The owner / only worker there was amazing. He went over it top to bottom and made some minor adjustments. Told me about his glory days of BMX riding all over NYC, and then sent me off with well wishes and asking me to put some miles in for him on the trail.

I took it on the trail Saturday. (very easy trail local near my house). It was amazing. Tons of fun to be riding again as its been about 6-7 years since I have been on a bike. Since Saturday, I have gone on three additional "Urban" rides and am loving every minute of it. All the Urban rides have been at night as I seem to prefer it. Happy to be back in the saddle and super happy and impressed with this Canyon bike!

Registered
Have fun and be safe!
Remember when on the road, assume no one sees you. You can be blazing lights, wearing all the dayglo and reflectors, and drivers will still ignore you. Fact of the matter is that when they see you, they assess you as a low threat to them and you rank low on priority list.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have fun and be safe!
Remember when on the road, assume no one sees you. You can be blazing lights, wearing all the dayglo and reflectors, and drivers will still ignore you. Fact of the matter is that when they see you, they assess you as a low threat to them and you rank low on priority list.
Very clear. Seen waaaaaaay to many accidents for one lifetime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.