Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i currently ride a 2008 Kona Hoss. Its heavy as all get out but picked it up from a shop that was closing for $250. I have come to the conclusion that i want a FS bike. I have test rode 2013 stumpjumper comp and the evo. But feel that im on the heavy side at 225 lbs so i have been looking at the Specialized Enduro as I've been told its a sturdier platform. Both bikes have more suspension than i would use on my daily exercise rides, but i do live in colorado where I have awesome trails. The 29er felt better as well. I come from a BMX racing background on the national level. I only want to buy one bike and have it forever type deal. Can you guys give me some advice?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Test ride some more bikes,find some demo days, borrow friends bikes. At 225 you not pushing the limits of most bikes .What kind of riding do you like to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
into more of the xc and all mountain type riding. but like i stated i use the bike also for a lot of pavement river trail type riding. its only on the weekends that i actually hit the trails.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I picked up a 2013 stumpjumper FSR comp 29 last year for the exact same thing, xc and all mountain. For me it was the best thing I have ever baught. It climbs just as good as my hardtail 29, and I am killing it on the downhill. From the sounds of it the stumpy would also be a good choice for you, but since you are looking for a bike to have forever then as rangeriderda said test all the bikes you can and go for the one you not only like the most, but also fits you best.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts