Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shout out to Trek for standing behind their products. I got this as to replace a frame under warranty. Good customer service always keeps people like me loyal.

I came off a fuel and was concerned about the slash being heavy, or sluggish. I was wrong. This bike is amazing. It felt comfortable immediately and was just natural to ride on. The suspension is spot on, and the geometry is fun. I figure I'd post up some pics of the smoke blue carbon frame because there aren't many photos on them other than the trek website. It looks great in person - the pics don't do it justice.

As for the brakes (which I splurged on for the new bike) they are spectacular. I used just about every other brake out there over the years. I preferred the Shimano on/off feel, but they would get unsafe at long downhills with their wandering bite point. These feel like Codes but Cadillac Codes with a tad more power. My buddy worked at a machine shop and he took these A4's for a ride - he described it as 'a machinists' wet dream'. The lever feel is in a whole different zip code when it comes to lightness and smoothness. It made my old brakes feel like there was sand in the levers.

My only issue with the bike is that I need to re-learn how to ride it. Sections of trail that would scare me before on old bikes are now not even an issue. It's only a few more inches of travel, but the geometry is definitely noticeable when descending. It's a beast!

Attachments

Registered
Shout out to Trek for standing behind their products. I got this as to replace a frame under warranty. Good customer service always keeps people like me loyal.

I came off a fuel and was concerned about the slash being heavy, or sluggish. I was wrong. This bike is amazing. It felt comfortable immediately and was just natural to ride on. The suspension is spot on, and the geometry is fun. I figure I'd post up some pics of the smoke blue carbon frame because there aren't many photos on them other than the trek website. It looks great in person - the pics don't do it justice.

As for the brakes (which I splurged on for the new bike) they are spectacular. I used just about every other brake out there over the years. I preferred the Shimano on/off feel, but they would get unsafe at long downhills with their wandering bite point. These feel like Codes but Cadillac Codes with a tad more power. My buddy worked at a machine shop and he took these A4's for a ride - he described it as 'a machinists' wet dream'. The lever feel is in a whole different zip code when it comes to lightness and smoothness. It made my old brakes feel like there was sand in the levers.

My only issue with the bike is that I need to re-learn how to ride it. Sections of trail that would scare me before on old bikes are now not even an issue. It's only a few more inches of travel, but the geometry is definitely noticeable when descending. It's a beast!
After 4-5 rides tell us how it climbs .

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.