Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DFL>DNF>DNS
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally happened, my first new bike day since 1994!!! Hard to believe, but yes. I've had a few new-to-me bikes, but they all had prior miles on them. It's not like I've had a lot of bikes over the years: '94 - Trek 930 that I rode for 15 years, then a buddy gave me a busted Jamis Dakar frame that I had fixed and rode for 2 years. I stumbled onto the Voodoo Dambala on a Facebook ad in early '12 and put tons of adventuring on that thing until I was gifted a Motobecane Phantom?? late in '16. This past year I've been 'borrowing' various models of Binary Bicycles fleet and instantly fell in love with the SSP model. George & Jalene at Binary made me an offer I couldn't refuse and essentially built me my new ride with some sweet customization.

I'm still getting everything dialed in on it. Heck, I don't even know all the parts on the build yet. I should probably take inventory. In short, it's a Titanium 29er with 130 mm up front, 9Point8 dropper, Fasst Flexx bars, dynamo hub for all my adventures, 1x12 w/28t oval. The copper powdercoat came out amazing as did the custom designed framebags from Broadfork Bags.

I put together a bunch of build pics on the blog: New Bike Day!!

Here are the main ones:

Logos etched on the Ti before the copper powdercoat.

Funny how many people think that's my real name.

Gotta rep the AZT

Four Peaks design by my friend, Shannon, then printed on a yard of fabric by ripstopbytheroll & made into bags by Broadfork Bags. The main bags are also bolt on and the lower triangle can be removed if desired. Bottom bag can hold 3 beers, or any combo of brews & burritos.

So purdy, I almost don't want to get it dirty...then the Picketpost ride happened!! I already swapped out the pedals for some blue Chester's

First ride, down near the Binary HQ.

·
Registered
ya like dags?
5,855 Posts
Beautiful ride, I love that copper. I unfortunately just had to cancel my Super B order. It ended up being way more delayed than anticipated so I am searching elsewhere. The owners of Binary are an A+ for customer service though. Very nice couple and super responsive. When things calm down in the supply chains and I don't have a pile of parts sitting in my bench I hope to order from them again.

You've been riding their other models for a while right? Were those just frames you were testing?

·
DFL>DNF>DNS
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful ride, I love that copper. I unfortunately just had to cancel my Super B order. It ended up being way more delayed than anticipated so I am searching elsewhere. The owners of Binary are an A+ for customer service though. Very nice couple and super responsive. When things calm down in the supply chains and I don't have a pile of parts sitting in my bench I hope to order from them again.

You've been riding their other models for a while right? Were those just frames you were testing?
Yeah, testing, giving feedback and seeing which one I liked the best. I had a blast on all of them though, the SSP just fit like a glove the instant I got on it.

·
DFL>DNF>DNS
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the bike, everything looks so nice and well thought out. Thanks for the tip on printing custom fabric!

I ordered one in April…still patiently waiting for mine to arrive.
Hang in there!! Hopefully, it'll be soon. Post up some pics when you get it built up. Did you get the SSP too or another model?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.