Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been done before, but how many of you guys have..."I guess I have to" bikes? :confused: A "I guess I have to" bike is a bike that you build because one or two of the parts that you upgraded from is there...and instead of discarding them or selling them, your mind tells you it's time to search for a frame and... just maybe you can get some good deals on some more cheap or outdated parts and build up a "beater" style bike. Now this is OK...To a certain extent.:cool: But when you keep doing it every time you get a new bike that has a couple of parts on it that you don't like and you wind up with fifty bikes that you really don't need, it's time to call the medics. :skep: But I'm sure nobody has this problem. ....right???? :skep: :skep: :D

·
Is that Bill rated?
440 Posts
Oh yeah!

That is what all of my bikes start out as. You finish your project and there are some parts that didn't work out, but they work well. What are you going to do? It's criminal to have the parts and not use them, so you start playing close out games in your head until suddenly you have a new bike.
I am a chronic purchaser at that store.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
i just hafta yesterday purchase a 50 oz camelbak pack for the road bike excursions since the Texas heat is still among our midst.

next spring i'm just gunna hafa stop at brittons bikes in sanantone and get a real bike fitting and spring for a Wilier Izoard roadie.

it's so bad i'm always planning my hafta and frequently i make em happen.

i need a couple hafta mtb trips. mayb mas o menos in the desert come presidents' day weekend--a trip to Tsali or Gallup wouldn't be bad either.

hmmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.