Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 niner rip9 xt build
It's a clicking noise under strong pedal force.
It occurs in or out of saddle.
I don't think it's the crown I did the wheel between legs and torque the bars test.
Things I have tried:
Greased axles
Greased/tightened pedals
Greased tightened chain ring bolts.
Snugged pivot bolts

Still on list to do:
Could it be a spoke?
Bottom bracket? (Mine is the xt threaded type)

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If you have Shimano pedals, try borrowing another pair of pedals. I have had pedals that can't be quieted, so regreasing them was a false elimination.

sent remotely

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cassette lock right might not be tight enought or QR not super tight. Seen that before. Also had chains that would click. Try another set of wheels to. Then you know if it's wheel related.

·
On wuss patrol
5,060 Posts
Earbuds with music. Every bike I've owned has clicks and creaks. Some culprits have been the fork crown to stanchions interface, seat post in the seat tube, headset, pedals, worn bb. Unless something is keeping the bike from being rideable or is a safety issue, I ignore it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swapped pedals and that wasn't it. I'll grease/snug the bb tomorrow and snug up the cassette. If that doesn't work I know music will! Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I swapped pedals and that wasn't it. I'll grease/snug the bb tomorrow and snug up the cassette. If that doesn't work I know music will! Thanks for the tips.
Check your cassette. I had a similar issue and chased it down to my cassette needing to be re-torqued. It wasn't "Loose," but needed to be snugged up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts