Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently riding a 2009 Cannondale rush sl6 that I have converted to a 1x9. It is equipped with a fox fork/ shock, not the lefty setup.

I really like the bike and my only complaint is that it was too long for me. A shorter stem helped but I'm Afraid it has caused the bike to climb worse. It seems to get very light in the front end and I'm wondering what it did to my handling.

That being said, if I sell this bike I really only have about $1200 for a new bike, which has led me to the airborne goblin.

I haven't ridden a hardtail in years, nor have I ever had a 29er. I guess I am wondering if the goblin would be an "upgrade" from my current ride.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398527875.576281.jpg

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5' 9" with 32 inseam. Have not been fitted to the goblin but the 17.5" crave from specialized fit very well. Goblin comes in an 18" and I would be ordering that.

·
Registered
14,049 Posts
You won't have the rear compliance you now have unless you go with a carbon frame like at least the Chinese carbon. The Trek Superfly aluminum is supposed to have some and the carbon version has exceptional compliance. You should do a demo day to see how you like the handling and ride.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I am really debating about getting a hardtail. I know I will miss floating on a cloud. I may just keep my Cannondale and ride it till something breaks.

My only gripe is that it doesn't seem to climb very well. I'm going to keep watching eBay and see if another medium frame pops up, if so I may snag it.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
You need to find out what the effective top tube length is of all the bikes ,comparing the Crave to the Goblin is apples to oranges. Seat tube length is for stand over ,top tube is for reach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts