Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched all the forums looking for the perfect AM bike. While I'm sure the "perfect bike" doesn't exist I've limited my choices to the following three cantidates. Anyone want to add a little input? Has anyone even ridden the 2:1 FXR yet? Thanks,

Kevin

Yeti 575: Seems to be well liked bike most owners. Plenty of positive feedback in the review section too. However, the hole in the frame is a turn-off in the looks department. Bondo anyone?

Blur LT: Again, good feedback. Lots of complaints about linkage bearings and noise though. Looks like a bike should.

Foes 2:1 FXR: Not too much info out there yet. Seems like it's the best choice if drops are in my future. Can be built "light" but no where near the other two. Looks great.

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
Ride all three and pick whichever one feels the best. Having a bike that fits well and feels good to ride is way more important than having a bike that looks great on paper. If a bike fits you poorly, it will feel like it handles funny and hurt your back and knees on long rides, which is a way bigger deal than whatever whoop-de-doo components or suspension technology it came with. Trust me...I had an I Drive for a while.

If you can't get a test ride on one of the bikes you're into, you can go out on a limb by comparing its measurements with those of your current ride and base your choice on that. Reliability is a big issue too, which may come up if you want a BLT. I got my Heckler partly because I knew that it would be the most reliable suspension bike in the terrain I would be riding. But if the Heckler had been a bad fit, I would have gone with something else.

Personally, I like the BLT way better than the 575 just based on fit and handling. Didn't have the cash for either, so I bought a Heckler. Can't say anything about the FXR, but it looks pretty rad. But the bottom line is, get the bike that you know you'll enjoy riding even if you're just going to the store for beer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts