Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched all the forums looking for the perfect AM bike. While I'm sure the "perfect bike" doesn't exist I've limited my choices to the following three cantidates. Anyone want to add a little input? Has anyone even ridden the 2:1 FXR yet? Thanks,

Kevin

Yeti 575: Seems to be well liked bike most owners. Plenty of positive feedback in the review section too. However, the hole in the frame is a turn-off in the looks department. Bondo anyone?

Blur LT: Again, good feedback. Lots of complaints about linkage bearings and noise though. Looks like a bike should.

Foes 2:1 FXR: Not too much info out there yet. Seems like it's the best choice if drops are in my future. Can be built "light" but no where near the other two. Looks great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a a fxr 2:1. it rocks. period. i built it as light as possible with mech disc brakes, its about 28 lbs, not bad. gonna switch to the avid ultimate disc brakes, should loose a pound. the fxr can handle small drops. its not a freeride bike.
i have had a few specialized, lots of GT's, and have ridden the Santa Cruz bikes, i think
the fxr is the perfect all mountain bike.
mountain bike action magizine did a review a couple of months ago and basically said that
it was one of the best bikes they rode, rivaling the Nomad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.