Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the call I had been waiting for yesterday.... bikeshop had received the bike at last. I started with an ASR-SL "Race Disk" build kit and promptly tore her down. Still waiting on a few parts (XO Twist Shifters and eventually the RSeven with Remote fork) but have her built up at 95%. Actual, acurate digital scale weight, with pedals came in at 23.8 pounds!!!! The shifters, fork, and installing the Extralite Headset I've got. along with some Ti bolt upgrades ought to nudge her down 1/2 pound or so, +/-.

Anyhow, enough talk! Here's the booty:

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
glenzx said:
The shifters, fork, and installing the Extralite Headset I've got. along with some Ti bolt upgrades ought to nudge her down 1/2 pound or so, +/-.

Taking the alignment sticker off your Front D will probably shave at least 1/2 a gram ;)

Looks good - I really dig Yeti's new downtube decal. Not that I'd spend enough time in the air to show it off...

I'm glad you're getting the X.0 twisties. There's a learning curve, but you won't miss your triggers at all after a couple rides.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
preparation_h said:
How does it ride / compare to your blur?
It'll take a while to tell all the subtle differences, but after the maiden voyage, I really liked the longer cockpit - she seemed to rail the faster turns with more authority...

Freakin' way lighter - and the rear end feels pretty dang stiff, AND standing/pedalling - hard -felt way, WAY more responsive.

But it will take some longer rides to dial in everything just right, and to really get to know her.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
forkboy said:
Taking the alignment sticker off your Front D will probably shave at least 1/2 a gram ;)
THAT's where the mystery 1/2 gram was! Now I'll get that boat anchor of an impediment removed here....

forkboy said:
Looks good - I really dig Yeti's new downtube decal. Not that I'd spend enough time in the air to show it off...

I'm glad you're getting the X.0 twisties. There's a learning curve, but you won't miss your triggers at all after a couple rides.
Thanks though - the XO's are what I've been riding/racing for the last 2.5 years - but the set(s) I had were on the bikes I sold, and my shop has 'em backordered... love 'em tho - crisp, simple, and LIGHT. They'll "seal the deal" when I get 'em on there!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there anything cooler in the bike biz than seeing carbon through a lazer cut YETI logo??

very nice bike.
It is badass, but I wimped out and put a chainstay protector over it to keep her pretty - but an awesome detail no doubt!

thanks!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
joltz said:
OMG! What a nice ride and I love the new Yeti color scheme. Congrats and enjoy the ride!
Thnaks! First ride was great - dang snow made her get a little dirty though, dang it!

:)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AndyN said:
Someone call a doctor because that thing is sick! :)

Nice build Glen and congrats.
That was freakin funny Andy! Spit my water out my nose practically....

Thanks though - got to do some ABQ riding soon, as the whopping 3" of snow we have has made the trails kinda messy lately...

·
FAT CHANCE!
619 Posts
Finally...

someone post some picts of the new black color scheme. Very nice build and ride. You will have to post a review as soon as you get her dialed in for us. And of course some dirty pictures of her!! :D

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
I'm going to go with the rest here, and say awesome bike! Could we get a spec list?

But an OT question... how do you like the Big air? Is the can shown there 'punctured'? Does it hold the pressure, how long can you leave it like that without leaking?

One other thing.. .what can you tell me about that seatpost? Weight, price, dimensions...

Love the bike!

·
1,316 Posts
That has to be...

The nicest looking Yeti I have ever seen. Love that new paint job and I nice bunch of parts hangin off it as well, congrats on the build.

I would really like to see the full list of specs too!

Cheers and enjoy :D

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I may be alone here but I like the one-color scheme. In fact, I love the Ventana colors for that reason as well. I'm not saying I would not buy a 2006 but I do prefer the one-color frames, especially the black Ano frame.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.