Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ISIS drive BB. Go through the BB every 6 months max. 220 lb trail rider. I have tried FSA, RaceFace, and Truvativ BB's. Now have play in the 4-5 month old Gigapipe. Are the outboard cranksets worth the money or just go with another BB. I was looking at the RF Atlas X type. Can get shipped for $250. I can get a BB for $50 to $100. Crankset equals new chain rings though. Ah, but then I see myself getting a new chain and cassette. Hmmm, but if the RF with the bearings on the outide will actually last awhile???? Then there's the question - RF Atlas or Shimano XT crankset with bearings on the outside or maybe FSA'a new version. Thoughts/comments?

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
I ate ISIS BBs every 6 months, on average until I got Race Face XS FR BB. Going on 2 years. Just injected fresh grease though the zerks and smooth as new. Also, Deus is as stiff as XT, Atlas is much stiffer and over 100g heavier.

_MK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.