Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Ibis Ripley V4
226 Posts
Redmon said:
Soon to be broken in as soon as the sun gets a little lower in the sky as its about 106 right now:)
Mine is very similar. Same frame color and fork. I am jealous that you have the fork without the brake bosses.

I can't believe a shop assembled it with the rear derailleur cable like that. Looks like an arrestor cable waiting to happen. Check out Yeti's site for a pdf explaining how to properly install that cable. Better yet take it back and ask them to do it right.

Enjoy the ride.

David

·
I rot before I ripen
542 Posts
Wow, that's the first bling color posted here. Sweet bike.

Yes, the cabling is not right. The Yeti site has PDFs for the correct cabling. Print them out and take them with you to the shop.

That color rocks!

damon

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Great first ride albeit a short one(ran out of light). The suspension is incredible. I put a little more air in the rp3 to stiffen it up a bit as I bottomed out once on a 25ft steep plunge:). This bike really rides where you point it and is great in the turns. Also really comes out of the end of a climb with nice acceleration. Need more miles for fine tuning:)

One question as the owners manual is rather confusing. The RP3 has 3 settings. Which is the Propedal setting? Im assuming the + side of the shock.

Shawn

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couple more pics after maiden voyage. No problems with shifting or cable routing so far. When I get time I'll stop into the local Yeti dealer to get the reroute I guess. My wife bought the bike for me while we were in Idaho so wont be getting it done in the shop that she bought it:)

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Where in Idaho?

Redmon said:
Couple more pics after maiden voyage. No problems with shifting or cable routing so far. When I get time I'll stop into the local Yeti dealer to get the reroute I guess. My wife bought the bike for me while we were in Idaho so wont be getting it done in the shop that she bought it:)
Just wondering where in Idaho she picked it up. There just aren't that many Yeti dealer around these parts so I am curious.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alindley said:
Just wondering where in Idaho she picked it up. There just aren't that many Yeti dealer around these parts so I am curious.
She bought it in Driggs which is I guess middle eastern border? The shop was called Peaked Sports. The mech was Pete. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. As you come in to town from the south there is only one light. Take a right at the light and the shop is 1-2 blocks down and on the right hand side.

Shawn

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
martin_uk said:
Can't understand why Black is so popular when you can have Bling!

Out of interest, what size is it?
The size is a large. I changed the stem from what I think was 120mm down to a 90 to get myself more upright again and seems to really steer nice as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts