Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the sad demise of my Cannondale, caused by manic chainsuck, I have finally finished building my new bike.

Time for a new bike:

Here it is:

Frame & Fork: Pipedream Sirius (Fork to be replaced with Lefty Jake when the Project 321 adaptor arrives from the US)
Crankset: Blackspire with Chuck Ring and Big Ring Protector
Brakes: Hayes El Camino XC
Wheels: Mavic XM719 rims, Hope hub (rear) and Cannondale front hub (old X221 front pending fork change).
Tyres: Geax Sturdy Freeride 2.25
Headset: WTB Momentum Greaseguard
ODI Lock on grips, Race Face Evolve XC Stem 100mm x 8 degree, Hope Hed Doctor, Deore F/Mech, XT Rapid rise R/Mech, LX F/Shifter, SRAM Rocket R/Shifter, Thomson Elite Seatpost

More photos here, all taken at the Royal Forest, Varibopi, near Athens.

Today was the first ride, and I wasn't sure what to expect, riding technical terrain on a bike with no suspension, which I haven't done for 7 years (and to be honest, never at that high a technical level).

I loved it! Handles really well, and had no trouble adjusting to the lack of suspension.

Alaric.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
Chain suck can be reduced by keaping your drivetrain clean and changing out your old worn chainrings and shortening the chain to more tension on the rear derailer. But be carefull if you remove too much chain it can cause much bigger problems.

Nothing sucks more than a New, Dirty Chain on Old Worn Chainrings with a long chain or a gear combo that eases the tension on the rear derailer.

Simply switching to thin and durable STEEL chainrings could have solved your chain suck problems

PS the new ride looks HOT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.