Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hugged a Yeti Today?
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
575 frame came in today. I had seen a whole bike in person, but man seeing the frame by itself is very impressive. It took me a while to just take in all the little details. This thing is beautiful.

Attachments

·
Hugged a Yeti Today?
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Head Badge

joltz said:
How did you get a 575 with the metal Yeti badge? Custom or special order?

The ano black 575 I have has a logo on the front the looks like the old school yeti logo. All of the other ones I've seen are the same way.

Sweet frame by the way!
I didnt do anything special to get that head badge. I was thinking that it would come with the etched stuff also, so I was stoked when I saw that head badge. Perhaps this is what the newer ones are shipping with.

Attachments

·
surly inbred
1,539 Posts
FoolCyclist said:
so I was stoked when I saw that head badge. Perhaps this is what the newer ones are shipping with.
That's the one thing I wish I had on my frame. I ordered an '05 and ended up receiving & keeping a late '04 with the decal instead. The one you have really finishes off the Yeti and gives it the look it deserves. Very nice.

·
SALLGUD
449 Posts
Sticker here

My 2005 Yeti 575 (with RP3) came with a sticker on it. No head tube badge, which I feel is a shame. My two AS-Rsl and my wife's Kokopelli have metal badges. The sticker really seems a cheap way to save a dollar...

Attachments

·
3 on the tree
205 Posts
Headbadge is running change for 05

Sweet bike! After seeing the headbadge on a frame in a shop, I contacted the Yeti website to see if I could special order it on the bike I want to buy. A sales rep e-mailed back reporting that any new frame out of the factory is being shipped with the metal headbadge in lieu of the decal.

I want my new bike in raw, but after seing your pix in black ano...........I'm not so sure!

FoolCyclist said:
I didnt do anything special to get that head badge. I was thinking that it would come with the etched stuff also, so I was stoked when I saw that head badge. Perhaps this is what the newer ones are shipping with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.