Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the bike is 2005 Turner 6pack with Dhx5 coil stock , 4 options:
1) I send the fox to Push
2) Avy dhs ( I run this one on my Racelink )
3) Woodie
4)chubie
66 rc2x fork , single track and rocky dh use.
Thank´s

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
I've had lot's of different shocks on my '02 RFX, including a Pushed DHX, and a CCDB. By far, the shock I like the best so far is the chubbie. I'm also using a 66 RC2X, in similar conditions.

Warning: your mileage may vary. :D

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,371 Posts
guejarsierra said:
Hi, the bike is 2005 Turner 6pack with Dhx5 coil stock , 4 options:
1) I send the fox to Push
2) Avy dhs ( I run this one on my Racelink )
3) Woodie
4)chubie
66 rc2x fork , single track and rocky dh use.
Thank´s
I used the Woodie on my 6pack, eventually I broke the front triangle and now I have an RFX, so I had to get it resized to fit the RFX. Still rocking the chubbie and I love it.

I don't think the woodie will fit your 6 pack, but the DHS will. I definitely recommend the high/low compression adjuster for any avalanche shock you get.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,371 Posts
Craig said the woodie and DHS use a bladder to seperate the nitrogen from the oil in the bladder. This has very little resistance and means those shocks may be a bit plusher.

The chubbie on the other hand allows a little more adjustment for a particular bike due to the fact that the internal floating piston (seperating the oil from the nitrogen) can be set at a particular height, allowing him to tweak how it ramps up at the end. Craig also adjusts the bottom-out with the bumper that comes on the shock (he uses different sizes/densities).

For the most part, they are going to work the same.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Call Craig and he'll give you all the detail you can handle on which Avy shock and why. I'd expect the differences btwn the Chubbie and the woodie/dhs are not huge. When I spoke with Craig he explained it also had to do with if the bike's linkage was rising or falling rate.

I'm running a Chubbie on my Highline and had one on my 6 Pack and loved it. Still do. The only downside is my '06 66SL can't hold a candle to it. Which is why I bought an RC3(or two). BTW I also have and have had Push shocks which are also excellent. As Renny said, YMMV.

Sending your DHX to Push is far less expensive and will get you top performance.
I'm super pleased with my Avy.
Also their CS rocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.