Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.

The wait was finally over for me today. I have purchased my first Yeti - ARC frame about 4 weeks ago, but had to wait a bit to come up with the money for some of the parts. I build this bike last night using some new components and some that I had on my old bike. So after first 21.9 km, some street, dirt, and few very technical section, I can only say that I am very very impressed. This bike feels so good I realized that i have been missing out for the last decade - wanted one since 98'... Can I say I am Impressed again? :D It feels way faster than my old bike which was a cannondale cadd 3 frame set build around 99' sid sl, and Chris King wheelset /xtr drivetrain. I also have the new Sid team 32 fork. For the short amount of time I spent with it, wow, I can't even compare it with the old sid.. Can't wait till tomorrow - taking it to the local trails for few hours.. Still adjusting my stem and seat to get the most comfortable position... It also needs a new set of rims/spokes.. since the current rims are at the end of it's life... So that's the most important upgrade..Other than that I am happy with the parts..

Here is a list.

Frame. 2008 Yeti arc 17.5
Front Shock: 2008 RockShox SID team 32 - 80mm
Stem: Thomson Elite
Headset: 10 year old Chris King 1/8
Shifter/leaver : Shimano XTR STI Brake & Shifter Combo M970
Front D: Shimano XTR 970
Rear D: Shimano XTR shadow 972
Chain: Sram pc991 Hollow Pin Chain 9 spd
Pedals: SpeedPlay Frog
Seat: Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow
Seat Post: Thomson
Grips: Oury
Handlebar: Easton EC90 Carbon
F/R Brakes - Shimano Xtr V-brakes 99'
Crank: Race Face NEXT LP carbon + race rings
BB: Phil Wood Titanium
Casette: Shimano XTR Cassette 9 Speed M970 11-32
cateye wireless computer
Ride-on Gortex sealed shifter cables.

Currently using Chris King 10 year old hubset /Dt revolution/ bontrager valiant rims - going to replace the rims with either new mavics XC717's or dt XC4.1 + revolution spokes.. Not sure yet. I am a light 140lbs rider. Currently running Maxxis Larsen oriflamme front/back

I think that's all the important stuff.

So after some thinking I extended the budget for the new ride and decided that it's time to move to disc brakes. It's about time :) I've been ridding v-brakes for years. So far I decided to go for Formula Oro Puro front/back 160mm rotors. As well as a Chris King iso hub set with dt revolution spokes , and DT xc 4.1 d rims. Anyone have that setup and are happy with it?

The bike is at 20.6 lbs as of now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.