Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am fairly new but am completely into biking. I started out with an old diamondback outlook that was way too small but I still had fun. Last year I bought a Marin alpine trail 29er and haven't looked back. I ride cleburne state park in tx a lot but today I tried out river legacy in Arlington and truly enjoyed myself. Cleburne is technical and slow at some part, and river legacy is high speed fun. I am thinking of upgrading my shifters a d getting a 9 speed cassette and chain. Next will be tubeless tires. Well just introducing myself. Let me know of riders in the west dfw area and what trails you ride

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Welcome!

Glad you're enjoying your new bike! I can't suggest replacing the shifters just for the sake of replacing them. You'll get FAR more value for your buck by working with the wheels. I would do a tubeless conversion and leave the upgrades until you need to replace something that is broken. There's plenty of people out there wishing they could go back to 8 speed from 9spd, so I wouldn't just jump ahead for no reason. Don't know your trails, so I can't help you; but if you're ever headed to Utah for a trip I sure can give you some advice!

Have fun with that new bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts