Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Michigan Wolverine
304 Posts
Very cool looking, especially in the macaw color. Looks like another one to add to my spreadsheet of all mountain hardtails for future buys.

·
Registered
396 Posts
wow, that's a beautiful hardtail.

It's all in the details; Chainstays are designed to flex vertically for a bit of compliance, dropout design looks solid, and the top tube gusset that connects to the seat tube... nice. Want one!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I want this bike! But, would have to give up getting a Banshee Rune V2 at cost ($585 w/out shock) to replace my current AM rig. Wish I could have both (the V2 and Shan), can only build one up. This rig actually is one of the only HT's out there that look apealing to me and can see myself riding something like this. Thanks for posting, dig it!

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want this bike! But, would have to give up getting a Banshee Rune V2 at cost ($585 w/out shock) to replace my current AM rig. Wish I could have both (the V2 and Shan), can only build one up. This rig actually is one of the only HT's out there that look apealing to me and can see myself riding something like this. Thanks for posting, dig it!
Definitely, although it's shame the only stock color now looks so dreadful compared to the sweet red/white off PB or the Gulf racing inspired one from the vid.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Price on the steep side for no-name steel. Quality of tubing makes a lot of difference for steel, IMHO. YMMV.

Craftmanship is very nice, though. A nice frame overall.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
on PB it seemed like this bike was going to be a pretty steep price.
Price on the steep side for no-name steel. Quality of tubing makes a lot of difference for steel, IMHO. YMMV.

Craftmanship is very nice, though. A nice frame overall.
MSRP 649.00 €, roughly $850

In comparison, 2013 Transition TransAM is $650, and I imagine both are in the league of fit, finish, and tubing of an On-One 456 EVO that you can buy for under $300.

But it's definitely the best looking 26er AMHT that I've seen, especially with the new limited edition colors available on their website. But if I'm spending over $800 on a 26er frame, it's definitely going to be a Chromag. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
MSRP 649.00 €, roughly $850

In comparison, 2013 Transition TransAM is $650, and I imagine both are in the league of fit, finish, and tubing of an On-One 456 EVO that you can buy for under $300.

But it's definitely the best looking 26er AMHT that I've seen, especially with the new limited edition colors available on their website. But if I'm spending over $800 on a 26er frame, it's definitely going to be a Chromag. :thumbsup:

i totally agree, i'd go chromag at that price. it does have nice lines, but the larger sizes look weird, the xl looks ridiculous

·
think
853 Posts
This bike's replaceable dropouts are a nice selling feature over the Chromag. Those guys don't really seem to be on board with the one gear thing.

I'd like a good look at it's tire clearance. You can fit a moto tire in a Stylus.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i totally agree, i'd go chromag at that price. it does have nice lines, but the larger sizes look weird, the xl looks ridiculous
Which 26er XL doesn't look weird? :D

This bike's replaceable dropouts are a nice selling feature over the Chromag. Those guys don't really seem to be on board with the one gear thing.

I'd like a good look at it's tire clearance. You can fit a moto tire in a Stylus.
Here's some clearance shots with Panaracer CG 2.35 tires.

Chromag is offering now replaceable dropouts on the higher end frames right now, I know the next Surface 29er production run and Samurai 650B will be seeing them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts