Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Very Nice! The aerial view is pretty cool. The time of the video was good too. It left me feeling like I'd want to watch a little more.

Did you create this video?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very Nice! The aerial view is pretty cool. The time of the video was good too. It left me feeling like I'd want to watch a little more.

Did you create this video?
Thx Otis,
I did the video, and I left out a lot of footage to stick to the length of the song. I will be back up there next week for the Fontana City Nationals, to film a couple guys. If anybody is going there and want aerial footage of some of their run, I will do it for a small fee. Just PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
" If anybody is going there and want aerial footage of some of their run, I will do it for a small fee."

This is a really good idea.

The length makes sense and good choice on the music too.

Keep it up and I look forward to seeing more of your videos.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i'd be interested to see the camera follow a rider for the full run...u got any of those?
also what are u using to film and fly; is it hard to control?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'd be interested to see the camera follow a rider for the full run...u got any of those?
also what are u using to film and fly; is it hard to control?
The way the course is setup you could not follow the whole distance. Part of the course is out of Line of Site (LOS), so I would lose my live video feed or lose remote control signal. I am using a RC Hexacopter (hate to say, Drone) that has a Gopro 3+ mounted on a gimbal for stabilization. I had live video being transmitted from air to ground and I use a pair of video goggles to see what I am filming as I fly, called FPV (First Person View). The Hexacopter is fairly easy to fly but difficult to follow moving objects.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly...I wish some of the shots were a little closer for some OTB action. lol
Sweet vid though!
I'd like to get closer too, it's very difficult to follow riders since speed and altitude changes very fast. I also have to be aware of the people spectating on the hill, so I don't hit them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts