Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Anyone got hold of one of these yet?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_55

Interesting to now see xd cassettes coming forward which is good.

I contacted ZTTO on aliexpress messenger as it seems that from other cassette threads on here there appears to be demand for something more like an affordable 10-46 or 10-44. Now with this cassette it strikes me that at last we could get the 'perfect' cassette if only they hadn't bothered with the 50t. Surely with a 9 cog you aren't going to need anything more than a 34t and 34/50 is a pretty easy gear. Of course why not make both one for xc crowd and one for enduro crowd who might want to run a 36t or something and then winch VERY slowly back up the climb? I know e-thirteen have made such a cassette but it's had a lot of issues I understand and is relatively expensive.

Anyway the guy said to post on here to gauge interest in what I would demand the perfect cassette i.e. 9-44?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
9-44 would be good, but I don't trust the cassette you posted. 375g for a "full steel" cassette, I highly doubt that. And thats a lot of money for a cassette that probably won't shift anywhere near as nice as a SRAM or Shimano cassette.

·
Registered
86 Posts
piece of crap. would not shift in a few gears with m8000 and a goatlink. So I go out and buy a m7100 12s to use on my 11s system. It will now shift but not smoothly. I ended up doing a whole eagle gx 10-50 system, and it shifts 10 X better
I bought a very nice cassette from JGbike and they're even on sale now for like $139.00. I paid like 30 more.. its 10/50 xd. Had to throw on a non boost chainring for better chainline but it shifts just as good as my previous GX and is about 60g lighter.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
it shifts just as good as my previous GX
Lucky you, my 4 smallest cogs would hesitate shifting, if they even shifted at all. that was trying 2 brand new m8000 with and without goatlink, with a new kmc silver chain and a new shimano chain. Installed 2 different gx cassettes and both shift clean and perfect on 2 different bikes since then, and they are both on the trials working as they should.

I did buy one of the early ones. and since then they already developed an upgraded version that doesn't drop chains when backpeddling

·
Registered
86 Posts
9-44 would be good, but I don't trust the cassette you posted. 375g for a "full steel" cassette, I highly doubt that. And thats a lot of money for a cassette that probably won't shift anywhere near as nice as a SRAM or Shimano cassette.
Check out jgbike.com .... They have a new 9-46 made from solid materials that has impressed me thus far. Although mine is the 10-50 version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.