Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a frame jig. It is pretty much a copy of 44bikes, pithybikes, and Tanners. I am taking a little from each.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am making a frame jig. It is pretty much a copy of 44bikes, pithybikes, and Tanners. I am taking a little from each.
I guess you're basing it on Pithy Bikes' original jig from his early videos? I based mine on his more recent low-cost plywood design, but using 40mm alu profile rather than plywood for the beams. Interested to see how yours looks when finished.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes his first jig. Its more of a copy of Kris at 44 bikes. He has alot of good pictures.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little progress. Finished the slot for the bolt to adjust head t
ube angle and added a pointer that will reference the degrees that will be machined and laser etched in the back plate.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I've been watching this as you post it up.
I'm confused about the use of a ball bearing cartridge in the fixture. Why is this needed? A bore on a shaft is adequate for this interface. Even if you were concerned about wear, a plain bearing would make the most sense. This solution added complexity and cost for a reduction in precision. Can you explain this better?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes but thinking of off setting the head tube cones over the pivot point. Still working it out.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I agree. It’s my first time. I will take it slowly.
if you have any recommendations let me know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts