Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for the opportunity to get back on SS ever since I sold my Jaberwocky two years ago. Anyway, Christmas Eve I am in my LBS wishing all the best, and I random decided to ask the owner if he would accept an offer on the '08 Stumpjumper frame, fork, stem and seatpost combo that was gathering dust hanging on the wall in this road oriented shop. Anyway, he accepted and away I went.

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

'08 Stumpjumper has sliders, so gears are always an option. Scored some Rovals off Ebay and set the tone for a lightish build. #20.6 as shown w/o lights.

Mode of transport Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle tire Spoke

Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle part Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
181 Posts
They come with rigid forks? Looks like a clean and light built and should be fun to ride, are you planning to ride at night ... scary but fun i think
Makes me think i might have to go say hello to my local bike shop and see what they have hanging on the wall :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the old fool said:
They come with rigid forks? Looks like a clean and light built and should be fun to ride, are you planning to ride at night ... scary but fun i think
Makes me think i might have to go say hello to my local bike shop and see what they have hanging on the wall :)
The rigid fork must have been something else they had for one reason or another. Story is someone ordered a Lynskey Pro29 and ran out of money so they scavaged the parts off the Stumpjumper to get him out the door on the cheap.

I like the bike alot. Rides great. Short on traction at the moment but will have a Bonty Mud X on Friday. I will give it a full review then.

Night riding is very common in the Pacific Northwest. Riding is year round as the days are short and dark, so lights it is. Numerous local trailheads have weekly night rides.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Must have been your lucky day :)

Riding is the forest here after the sun starts to go down is a real attention getter ...bloody trees love jumping out of the shadows

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mtsmith said:
Clean bike! 20.6?? That's really light... and with a Nevegal and BB7s on there? not sure how you did it, but good job!
#20.6 I know it surprised many including myself.

Biggest weight loss areas:Specialized Roval EL 29er wheelset
Monkey Lite SL 635 mm handlebar
Speedail SL levers :150g for a non carbon lever
Specialized Phenom 143 Ti saddle ($60 and Hangover DVD)
Sram PC 991 Hollowpin 9sp chain
Candi 4Ti pedals 98g ea.
Stylo OCT SS crank
Spot Ti 18T cog
Full Metal Jacket brake cable set(added weight, improved perf.)
Bontrager Foam grips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.