Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my Ventana El Commandante frame today and built her up tonight.
Thought I would post some pics for your enjoyment and comment.
Pics were taken prior to chain installation and shortening of brake hoses.
Chain has since been installed but I have not taken updated pics yet.
Pic's do not do the paint job justice. I will get some pics taken in the sunlight tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Awesome

That looks great Steve, the waiting game is over. I'll be looking for a first ride report. Orange is definately one of the coolest possible colors for a bike! When you are riding it you'll look like a 50/50 bar :D

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mattman said:
That looks great Steve, the waiting game is over. I'll be looking for a first ride report. Orange is definately one of the coolest possible colors for a bike! When you are riding it you'll look like a 50/50 bar :D
Ummmmmm
I assume that is some sort of chocoloate bar Matt???
Obviously a local thing??

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rainman said:
Nice, very nice.. take lots of pics please.. :) and a ride report would be great..

R.
A couple of daylight shots for your viewing pleasure.

Bigger

Bigger

Bigger

Full Specs for those interested:
Large Ventana El Commandante frame
Thomson seatpost and stem
Chris King headset
Hope seatclamp
Answer Protaper bars
ODI Rogue lock-on grips
Avid Juicy 5's front and rear
Rockshox Reba 29'er Race fork
Ritchey OCR Pro Girder rims laced to XT hubs
XT QR skewers
Surly Chainring and Cog
Shimano XT M760 crankset
Crank Brothers Candy pedals
Maxxis Ignitor tyres
WTB Rocket V Race saddle

For ride report on the El Commandante check

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Looks fast standing still

Very nice. The orange / silver theme really works for me. When you make your own bike you can control it down to that level of detail in a way you could never get on a factory spec complete bike. Nicely done!

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ozlongboarder said:
So lets see, Rainman, Dr Kildare, BigTC, Ventana OZ, you and me! 6 of us down here on 29ers. Big wheels will dominate the Aussie MTBR gathering!
You forgot Singlespeed Scott and Markymark from our Brisbane crew.
Plus VentanaOZ has apparently got 2 guys wanting niner's and another guy procrastinating over an El Commandante.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DirtDad said:
Very nice. The orange / silver theme really works for me. When you make your own bike you can control it down to that level of detail in a way you could never get on a factory spec complete bike. Nicely done!
Thanks for the compliment.
Yeah I am a bit of a colour theme junky.
My Surly 1x1 was Black with blue parts and my Superlight is black with red parts.
Was not sure I was going to like the silver thomson stuff but once I saw it in the flesh I knew I had made the right decision.

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
TR said:
You forgot Singlespeed Scott and Markymark from our Brisbane crew.
Plus VentanaOZ has apparently got 2 guys wanting niner's and another guy procrastinating over an El Commandante.
How many of the Brizzy guys would go down to the ACT for a get together?

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gumby said:
Where in Aus do you pedal your bike? That thing looks so nice, hope my friends bump into you on a trail and see the light.
Looking forward to some aussie riding shots and a write up!
gumby
Based in Toowoomba QLD but mainly ride in and around Brisbane.
Looking forward to getting her dirty this weekend.

·
Rock and/or Roll
489 Posts
Schweet

DirtDad said:
I knew there was something I liked about the overall look of this bike. It's the lack of black components! (And lack of gears, hehe) Every time I wander into a LBS, all I ever see now, are bikes outfitted with all black components. This bike has some personality. Well done.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
50/50 comment

Thought I'd fill you in on the 50/50 bar statement. Its not chocolate, but rather an ice cream treat that is orange popcicle over vanilla ice cream. They are fun to eat, and yummy too!

Nice bike! Do you know the geo numbers? The Vantana site still does show them that I can see...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.